Can you fix a broken story?

First off, how can you tell if your story is broken? Here are the signs your story is broken. Remember, only you can decide whether your own story is broken, but healthy criticism can also help you realize things to change.
Also a story isn't necessarily broken just because if doesn't have a lot of views on Wattpad. Good stories don't always get views for any number reasons that has nothing to do with the quality of the story. If you can fix your story, than it's not broken.
This list is meant to help you decide what to do with a broken story.

1 It's no longer fun to write your story that you're working on. You've lost interest in this story and either need to take your story in a new direction or take a long break and come back to it.
2 You have no idea where your story is going anymore. Have you ever felt lost and confused because your story doesn't make sense anymore? You feel like you've tried so hard to keep it smooth but it's just not working? If you have come to your rope's end with a story, it's time to declare it broken.
3 Your story wasn't well written to your liking or you read you story again and you don't like it at all anymore. Bad writing occurs when you rely on too many cliches in an unoriginal manner, confusing plot devices/characters, bland characters/too many unlikeable characters, and you go completely against what I wrote in the previous chapter. No one likes a boring story either, if you match with most of these problems than most likely your story is broken.

So what do you do with a broken story? Here's the options:
1 Rewrite your story again from scratch but in a new perspective(change the plot and characters to make it more fun).
I've never been opposed to rewriting an old broken story of mine. One story I wrote on Wattpad, I'd rewritten over ten times in the past, but with that story as determined as I was to make it perfect, I realized the concept behind the story itself was broken, so I stopped trying to bring it back. However other stories I've rewritten happen because I love that story so much.
Loving a story will make you want to rewrite it. I think it's so much better to start off on a clean canvas than try to sort through a mess of a poorly written story. If you want to avoid spelling errors, poorly written work, grammar errors, download Grammarly and take advantage of the free version though the paid version is better.
Back to what I was saying, all you need to fix a broken story is to love the story you want to work on and be willing to keep rewriting it over and over and edit with Grammarly.

2 Your next option with a broken story is if you don't care about your story anymore and have given up on it; stop working on it and or delete it. Now, be careful with this option. Make sure you made it clear in your mind you don't love this story or care about it all. You can't force yourself to fix a story you don't want to write. You can simply stop working on this story or delete it, if it's not making you happy. Deleting a story can be permanent, so again sleep on it. If you just stop writing the story and leave it as is, you can always come back to it when you've had enough time to rethink the story and correct it. That feeling will come naturally.
I'll also add that sometimes an old story, although broken can be fun to reread and learn from your mistakes for future reference.

3 Make a completely brand new story that isn't the broken one you're dealing with. Sometimes we have to give up projects that go no where and use our time for a new one. A new story always brings me joy to write. I don't really use Wattpad anymore, but I still love writing and write a lot to this day.

I hope my tips for fixing a broken story has helped.

Remember to vote, share and check out my new short story called Our Other Halves.