【CHAPTER THREE】

●.•━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━•.●

【CHAPTER THREE : Valley Fae】

●.•━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━•.●

"You protected my daughter from the monster that starting to haunting our kingdom, what did it cost?"

"Your eldest son dominant hand, sadly." You pondered, hand holding the handle as you taking a sip from the cup of tea that have been served by the maid, "i'm deeply sorry to see your son accidentally bring to this mess i created." The memory of you cutting the king heir hand still fresh in your mind, you sound desperate, yes. How could you not? He Avara's brother, your childhood biological sibling, after the last night accident, Avara become more stressful about her brother condition. But no, she doesn't blame you at all, for your intention is to protect her when she go and help the nurse first.

The king give a small rub to your shoulder, tired smile plays on his lips, "I already told you, I will forgive and forget every sin you'll done, until this mess is over." You and the king were sitting in a private room that the servant have set since yesterday you came to the castle, a private library, located on the east side of the castle. Old books could be found easily around the library enormous shelf. Books of history from every kingdom that once still not conquer by Amrak kingdom, just yet. After have been conquer, it will be forever unspoken tragedy for the next generation of the Amrak kingdom, 'it's for the best' the king that's rule the kingdom back then said to you directly, back when you still work under him as the beast in red.

"How's your investigation about the monster so far?" The king started, "do you have been found something that piqued your interest about them?"

You hummed, lingering your gaze toward the cup of tea that been hold between your hand, "It's all come smoothly for me, but for your second answer it's a yes and no," your finger draws circle around the cup mouth, try to find a better word to explain it, "from what I learn from last night accident, the monster is some sort parasite type, they'll grow having bigger population by infecting other creature kind or being, for example we could see your son Edrick that turn into a monster." You settle down your cup of tea on the table in front of you, examine over the swirling warm liquid on the cup, "from my thought, he still not fully turn into a monster. He still can make some sort of connection between human, even it still unnoticeable for some people."

"If the monster really is type of parasite, how come Edrick the only one who's got infected and the other soldiers becomes a rotten corpse?"

"From my opinion, still not confident if it's true or not. They are the same kind of monster but put into diffrent type of group, there's only two of them I learn so far." You raised your right hand, raising your index finger in front of you, "One is the monster that hurt Edrick, it's job is to grow their population by giving deep injuries, bite mark or cut around the victim they want to infect and add to their group." You raised another finger which the middle one, "second is the group of monster that attack your soldiers and Generals, they doesn't have any job from what I look, other than killing and satisfy their some sort of hunger they group own."

He only frowned, "from the way you describe it..."

You nodded ,"they are, I came to the portal at the dead night all alone, where the stars and the moon is hidden between the thick black clouds, they're nowhere to be seen, however...-" you huffed, your mind run into shadowed figure that you met, someone was there. A woman with bloody pink faded gold eyes near the portal you want to inspect, she somehow saw you and giving you a sinister smile, one blink of an eyes and she gone from your eyes vision. "Nevermind, I forgot about it."