Honified Hashbrowns || lxiii

Yall!! Look at this absolutely STELLAR artwork by @togasbutterbeer on Instagram! Please go check them out! (Look at all these adorable animals

Yall!! Look at this absolutely STELLAR artwork by @togasbutterbeer on Instagram! Please go check them out! (Look at all these adorable animals. so so cute. I'd die for Marvotoad. And ford. Literally everyone in this picture, I love it so much)
* * * * *

Amidst the sea of candy wrappers and hoarded pillows, Lucy and Anthony lounged on one of the couches in their common room, both covered in heaps of blankets. Neither of them had slept last night. In fact, nobody slept last night. Sirius departed early in the morning after a night filled with Disney films and laughter. For the brief interlude in which Anthony accompanied Sirius to the tent, Lucy went to check on her other friends. Upon finding them, she learned the Gryffindors had spent New Years Day with Hagrid; they went with him into the Forbidden Forest to catch a glimpse of migrating Graphorns.

Graphorns were more common on the Continent, but according to Hermione's excited ramblings, some had been introduced to various British isles as a gift to the Mountain Trolls residing there. Since then, their numbers slowly increased, and as troll tribes 'disbanded' (a kind word for extreme government influence), the Graphorns left for the wilderness.

Lucy spent the early part of her morning listening to Harry, Ron, and Hermione recount how huge the Graphorns were and the amazing size of their herd. With some prodding, Lucy was able to decipher that the Graphorns were nowhere near Sirius's tent. She was a little disappointed because it would be hilarious if Sirius went back to his tent, only to find a huge herd of animals had taken up residence.

It was clear her friends were too tired for another adventure, so Lucy returned to her own common room. At six o'clock in the morning she and Anthony set on yet another film marathon. They worked together to levitate the television up the stairs from her dormitory and into the common room— they worked together well, but it involved much bickering, teasing, and purposefully stepping on the others' feet in an attempt to break their concentration. But after they had everything ready, they went straight to business.

Anthony showed her his hiding place for snacks: an iron-wrought, enchanted safe underneath his bed where he hid his food (and Firewhiskey) from his roommates and the now-deceased Monster Rat of Hufflepuff. Personally, Lucy thought the safe was a bit overkill, but Anthony was adamant that the Monster Rat had been a beast unlike anything the Wizarding World had ever seen, on the same level as Voldemort, and even death would not stop it for long.

She thought it best not to tell him how easily she had caught the rat.

Seriously. All she had to do was place a sticking charm around a piece of cheese, and the Monster Rat was hers for the taking. She had it alive for a week and she toyed with the idea of keeping it as a pet— until she tried to feed it, whereupon it sank its teeth into the spot between her pointer finger and her thumb. Lucy promptly fed the still alive rat to her snake.

Sweet, violent revenge.

Of course, Anthony would never forgive her if he knew she had even briefly thought about sparing the Monster Rat, so she wisely kept that particular detail to herself.