16

Fake smiles. Fake emotions. All of them are fake.

Did Alya suffer too?

She probably did. Living as the only daughter of the only Archduke, she has to be constantly pressured by these gestures.

Etiquette, origin, emotions, she needs to maintain them.

She must have gone through pain from being bullied, a girl that has no mother. She must have to go through slanders, indirect insults, sometimes, words can kill.

Her suffering is only written in one sentence, two sentences, how many, but she has gone through a hellish suffering for how many years.

Betrayal, that's how she felt.

People whom she thought as friends, talks behind her back.

Pain, that's what she felt.

Finding out she got betrayed, she can only cry in silence, cry in her room alone to maintain her reputation and dignity as the Archduke's daughter.

These two things are enough to make anyone go insane if they can't contain their hatred and anger and other negative emotions.

That's what made me a psychopath.

"Greetings to the daughter of the Archduke, a pleasure to meet you." The exact same line he said.

The exact same smile that was described in the novel.

And the exact same emotion Alya felt.

[Alya felt her heart pounding against her chest, she can feel her cheeks getting warm. She fell in love at first sight.]

But I'm not. This is only the original Alya's emotion.

I am myself.

I stared down at the boy. Mikhail Agnis.

In the novel, he was introduced to Alya, they became friends, but then became lovers due to Alya's request.

But he abandoned her the moment his eyes landed on the heroine.

Why are villains always abandoned?

Why are villains always thrown away?

Why are villains always... Hated?

I smiled. So strained. So fake. I know he knows.

But I don't care what he thinks.

Because he has already caused enough pain to Alya.

"Hello, young master Agnis. Pleased to meet you." I extended out my hand.

He shook my hand. I can feel the calluses on his palms, probably because of swordsmanship.

Mikhail was a considerate person.

A gentle, considerate, clever person.

However...

"My lady is as beautiful as the rumors say. No, you're much more prettier than the rumors."

He's flirty.

All male leads are schemers. Every noble is.

Mikhail was just using Alya for her power, but he was also considerate of her feelings. Rather than breaking up with her gently, he did it harshly. It is to make her hate rather than love him.

It is to let go of him. He thought it was the right method though.

But, that made her doubt herself.

I still don't forgive him.

He's just a bastard lusting for the female lead.

"Thank you. The young master is also pretty." I spoke fluently, smiling.

Well, the only male lead I forgive is my cousin, the crown prince.

Although he chose to side with the female lead instead of Alya, he just banished her to some place, and even sends foods and gifts to her every day out of guilt.

But that was not enough to heal her broken heart.

Who would recover easily after her friends, lover and cousin sided with some country bumpkin baron's daughter instead of her?

"I'm honored that the lady compliments me."

How fake.

***

"Lya, did you not like that boy?" Noah asked as he glanced at his daughter, who has a tired look. "Yeah. He was too pretty."

He sighed worriedly. His daughter is acting strange.

When she's in a mood, she can be sometimes be pretty scary.

When she realized her snacks were no longer there, her lips turned downward, clearly upset.

He immediately called for a servant. "What are you doing?! Bring more sweets for my daughter!"

They hurriedly scurried off. God, Addisons are too scary.

"Are you okay? You look really tired. Should I kill that boy?" He held her hand, expressing his worries for her. "Yeah, maybe you should kill him, Dad."

She's really acting strange.

His daughter is much more scarier than him, he admits.

"Sh-should I?"

"Yeah. Kill his whole family, the servants, not even a single plant can be left." She rested her hand on the armrest of the sofa, setting her cheek on her palm as she wickedly smiled.

He was just saying it. Now he regrets it.

If he doesn't do what his daughter says, maybe it'll be his head hanging on the palace wall.

"C-calm down, Lya!!!"

_____________________

I'm sorry for not updating guys 😭😭 I was too busy.

I also have cramps 🙂 Me and my family went to a beach resort and it's been a while since I swam, and we were only there for two days.

I mean, we participated in a tournament, so I only swam in the pool once, since the tournament starts during the day, and it ends like in 5 or 6 pm. And we checked out of the resort at 12 noon, so yeah, I never had the chance to swim again.

And I got this freaking cramps on my leg, all the more reason I can't swim again.

Anyways, sorry for the short chapter, I'm still finding an inspiration to continue writing this.

-H12 😘