For A While

2016

A smile formed on Ryujin's face as she slowly walked inside of Yeji's dormitory and looked at her girlfriend who is sitting all by herself.

"H-hey, Yeji." Ryujin shyly said while holding something behind her back.

Yeji stopped reading and started fixing her stuff and patted the extra space on her bed. "Sit down besides me, Ryu."

"I have a gift for you, Yeji."

Yeji smiled at the short-haired girl. "What is it?" Yeji asked out of curiosity and excitement is seen on her face.

Ryujin slowly showed Yeji the plant she is holding behind her back. "This, Yeji."

Yeji carefully took the plant from Ryujin's hand and placed it on her desk where there's sunlight. "This plant is so cute. What's it called?" Yeji asked and looked at her girlfriend.

"It's called a Buttercup, Yeji. It reminds me of you." Ryujin said and sat down besides Yeji and rested her head on her shoulder.

"Why? because it's pretty like me?"

Ryujin let out a chuckle at what the cat-eyed girl said. "Yes and Buttercup plants represent childishness."

Yeji let out a pout and faced the floor. "How am I childish?"

"Hwang Yeji, when we were in twelfth grade, you voted for Lia as Vice President because you saw me hanging out with Chaeryeong. Isn't that childish? you big baby." Ryujin said and planted a kiss on Yeji's nose.

Yeji chuckled as she clearly remembers that day. "You're right."

After a few seconds, Ryujin stood up and sat down on Yeji's lap that caught her off guard.

Yeji let out a confused face at her girlfriend. "Shin Ryujin, why are you so clingy today?" Yeji said and chuckled.

Ryujin slowly faced the floor and let out a sad expression. "Don't you like it? alright, I'll just go now." Ryujin said while pouting and stood up.

Yeji held the short-haired girl and smiled. "You're so childish too, Shin Ryujin." Yeji said and gave Ryujin a pinch on the cheek.

The sad look on Ryujin's adorable face made Yeji chuckle.

"What's with the sad face, Shin Ryujin? do you want to break up with me?" Yeji jokingly asked the short-haired girl.

Ryujin slowly gazed at Yeji's eyes and smiled. "Nope. If I break up with you, I will regret it very much." Ryujin said and planted a kiss on Yeji's lips.

Yeji smiled at her girlfriend and kissed her back on the lips. "I love you, Shin Ryujin."

"I love you too, Hwang Yeji."

The two have been happy these past few years. Even though their goals in life are very different and they're always very busy, they organize their schedules well and make time for each other. Ryujin is admired by her fellow students because of her passion and precision when it comes to writing and many students and teachers look up to Yeji's intelligence.