Without You

"Ryujin, stop crying." Chaeryeong said to the short-haired girl as she handed her a cup of coffee.

Ryujin started drinking while wiping her tears. "H-how dare she? s-she invited me to that spot just to hug Lia in front of me?!" Ryujin yelled out of frustration.

Chaeryeong sat down and clenched her fists. "She's crazy, Shin Ryujin." Chaeryeong said and let out an annoyed expression while thinking about Yeji.

Tears started to form in Ryujin's eyes once again. "She's probably having a good laugh with Lia right now." Ryujin weakly said.

Chaeryeong looked at Ryujin. "Chief, stop crying." Chaeryeong said and started wiping Ryujin's tears.

Ryujin let out a smile at her friend and rested her head on Chaeryeong's shoulder. "Ryeongie, thank you for always being there for me."

A big smile formed on Chaeryeong's face as she felt the warmth in Ryujin's voice. 'S-should I?' Chaeryeong started battling with her thoughts. Chaeryeong thought that this is the perfect time to confess to the short-haired girl.

After a few seconds of thinking, Chaeryeong finally decided. Chaeryeong let out a sharp exhale and sat down properly.

"Ryujin..."

Ryujin slowly looked at Chaeryeong and let out a curious expression. "What is it, Ryeongie?"

"Shin Ryujin, I-I like you." Chaeryeong boldly said and awkwardly chuckled.

Ryujin smiled and rested her head on Chaeryeong's shoulder. "I like you too, Chaeryeong." Ryujin said without hesitation.

Chaeryeong smiled and her eyes widened a little bit out of excitement. "R-really?"

"Of course, Ryeongie. We're friends."

When Chaeryeong heard those words, everything fell apart for her. Chaeryeong clenched her fists and tried to contain her tears as her heart is slowly breaking into pieces.

'Damn it.'

--

Yeji let out a small smile while walking towards the short-haired girl who is sitting all alone on a wooden bench.

Ryujin sensed that someone is standing behind her so she decided to look back. "Oh, it's just you." Ryujin said in a dull voice.

Yeji sat down besides Ryujin. "Where's Chaeryeong?"

"She left. She said she was busy."

Yeji let out a sharp exhale while staring at the view of the park at night. "Shin Ryujin." Yeji weakly said and stared at Ryujin's eyes as she is ready to apologize.

Ryujin looked at Yeji with a blank expression. "What is it?"

"I'm sorry for hugging Lia in front of you. I-it was a mistake. I didn't mean t-" Yeji was cut off when Ryujin suddenly stood up.

"Hwang Yeji, I still feel humiliated so don't rub my nose in the dirt." Ryujin said in an annoyed tone and walked away.

Yeji stood up and walked closer to the short-haired girl and grabbed her hand. "S-shin Ryujin, I-I'm serious. I-I like you."

Ryujin looked at Yeji and took away her hand. "No, you're saying that because I'm desperate and miserable!" Ryujin yelled and walked away.