Chapter 5

"So," Kuroo started, still grinning as wide as ever, "Are we dating now?"

Kenma pouted. "I guess."

"You guess?" Kuroo said in mock offence, holding a hand up to his chest. "We have a steamy makeout session, and you don't even know if we're dating? I feel objectified and used, Kenma." Kuroo was able to make it to the end of that sentence with a straight face before bursting into his rambunctious laughter that was music to Kenma at this point.

Kenma shook his head, stepping forward to poke Kuroo in the sides. "It was hardly steamy, not even by a nun's standards."

"You're so mean to me," Kuroo whined between laughs, trying to deflect Kenma's nimble fingers assaulting his sides.

"I'm a terrible boyfriend," Kenma teased again, finally stepping away from Kuroo and instead, sitting on his bed.

Kenma didn't miss the way Kuroo's eyes opened wide, as though Kenma had just handed him the keys to the universe. "Did you just say 'boyfriend'?"

"That's what I am, isn't it?" Kuroo sat on the bed beside Kenma, eyes still blown wide. Kenma didn't think he could handle much more sappiness, instead deciding to slightly nudge the conversation in a different direction. "Anyway, show me your mark. Where is it that I haven't seen it?"

Kuroo raised an eyebrow. "You really want to know?"

"Of course."

"Ah, Kenma, uh-"

"Is it in an embarrassing place?" Kenma asked, voice so steady that he knew Kuroo would debate whether he was teasing or not.

Kuroo shook his head. "It's on my back, do you know what a bitch it's been to hide it from you while we're changing for practice?"

He was right, Kenma couldn't recall seeing Kuroo's bare back in the last year. He had either been directly facing him in conversation, or either changed earlier or later than Kenma had. And somehow, Kenma hadn't noticed.

Kenma stared at Kuroo, signifying he was waiting for him to continue. Kuroo only rolled his eyes. "You're so pushy today."

"Am not." Kenma crossed his arms over his chest.

"Are too."

"Am not— can you just show me the mark?"

Kuroo snorted with laughter. "You literally just proved the 'pushy' point, but okay." With that said, he gripped the hem of his shirt to tug it over his head, and turned his back to Kenma.

The words were crystal clear, in Kenma's very distinctive scrawling writing.

'Please don't leave me.'