Author's Note

Spoiler Warning for the entirety of Heathers: The Musical (2014 version)

Trigger Warnings: Suicide mentions, suicide attempts, depression, sexual assault or r*pe, mentions of EDs (the full name, not the abbreviation), self-h*rm, underage drinking, and sexually suggestive or intimate scenes, but no full-on sex scenes.

I don't recommend reading this if you could be triggered. Here are some resources for help:

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-HOPE (4673)

Alsana contact (eating recovery community): (866) 224-2040

I also encourage finding your own resources for help. Thank you for being here and I wish you luck, friend ♥️

This fanfiction is mostly based on Heathers: The Musical (2014 version because that's the only script I had available), not the original film from 1989, but I did include many film references. There are slight changes to things like stage directions or settings of scenes, but this fic is overall the exact same canon of Heathers: The Musical. I, of course, don't own Heathers in any way. This fic is essentially Heathers if it were purely from Mcnamara's point of view with a dash of gay. And by the way, this isn't ment to be a non-bias look into Heather Mcnamara as a character. Mac is a big comfort character for me, so this is an admittedly pretty bias take on her. Also for Stoner Chick, New Wave Girl, and Young Republicanette (background characters in the musical), I used names similar to the first names of the actresses who played them originally: Rachel Flynn, Charissa Hogeland, and Cait Fairbanks (Rae, Chrissy, and Kaitlin).

Disclaimer: Heather Duke gets a lot of crap in this fic, but I don't hate her. In fact, I really wish the musicals, both off-broadway and the West-End versions, gave her more depth. I thought the West-End was going to when I heard they were giving Duke a solo, but "Never Shut Up Again" doesn't do as much as I was hoping for honestly. I was expecting a more "What's Wrong with Me" from Mean Girls type of solo. I just wish I had been given more to work with in terms of her character. Also, this is from cannon Mac's perspective. I doubt she likes Duke too much...

The cover was made in "Canva", the premium version. I also used an app called "Nichi", also the premium version, to make the photo booth strip. I don't own any of the photos used on the cover/photo strip. Credits to the proper owners.

This is my first fic and I'm open to constructive criticism. This fic is also available on Archive of Our Own by the same title. I hope you enjoy it!

Mep Pep ♥️