•2• Nightmare

A/U: You suffer from panic attacks. Usually they happen at night, it wakes you up from a nightmare you can't calm down. L is always here for you.

(Y/N)'s POV

It was terrible. I didn't know what to do. A strange creature was following me. I tried to run, but it wasn't enough. I knew, if it caught me, it would be the end.

Suddenly, I woke up. Thank god it was just a dream. But my fear was in me all the time. I was shaking like crazy, my breath was really quick and my heart was racing. I could feel tears falling down my face. It seemed to wake L up.

L's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night. But something wasn't right. I could feel my girlfriend's body trembling. I started to worry.

- Love, are you ok? - I asked. She didn't answer.

- (Y/N), did you have a nightmare? I'm worried about you. - I said, hoping she would answer me.

- Yes. It was t-terrible. I'm s-sorry if I woke you up. - she said. I nocited she was crying. Poor girl. She was terrified. I wrapped my arms around her.

- You're shaking all over. Shhhhh, don't cry. I'm here. You're safe. - I whispered, trying to calm her down.

I kissed her forehead and whipped her tears away.

(Y/N)'s POV

His voice was so relaxing. I already felt a bit better. However, I was angry at myself for waking him up. L hardly ever gets enough sleep. And now I only woke him up.

- Ryuzaki, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for waking you up. I should have shut up instead of crying. I'm so sorry my love... - I said.

- Sweetheart. This is not your fault. You know how much you mean to me. I don't want you to suffer. I want to help you my love. Please never apologise for waking me up. - he said, gently rubbing my arm.

I could feel his warm hand resting on my chest. I knew he wanted to feel my heartbeat. I loved how it felt.

- Your heart is racing. We need to slow it down a little bit. Breathe when I do. Ok? - L asked with care in his voice. He kissed my forehead again.

- Ok love. - I said, placing my hand on his.

We started to breathe deeply and slowly, at the same time. I started to feel more and more sleepy. I felt so safe around him.

- Ok. You seem calmer now - he said, slowly moving his hand from my chest. - Would you like to sleep in my arms tonight? You will be safe here. Nothing will hurt you when I'm around, ever.

I was almost asleep, so I just moved closer to him. He laid on his back and pull me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest. It was so warm.

- Goodnight, Lawliet. I love you - I whispered, before I fell asleep.

L's POV
- Goodnight, my love - I said, kissing her head.

She fell asleep really quickly. (Y/N) must have been really tired. I want to protect her from any bad things in the world. I love her so much. After couple of minutes, I fell asleep cuddling her.