Destiny's Science Class

Chapter written by: Maria

________________________________________________________________________________

The next day in science class, Mrs. Hartman announced that they would be doing a project on how plants adapt to temperature. 

"It will also be a partner project," said Mrs. Hartman. Immediately, students started buzzing about who they wanted to be partners with. 

"I will be choosing partners," said Mrs. Hartman. The students groaned. 

"None of that," said Mrs. Hartman. "Here are the partners: Benny and Keily, Dan and Mya, Sean and Jessica, Lexi and Jay, Lori and Mike, Grace and Rick. Alright everybody, you can get started." Sean couldn't believe it! A shot with Jessica already! He decided to play it cool and let Jessica ease up to him. Jessica came over to his desk. 

"So, are we going to start?" she asked. Sean snapped back to the world. 

"Oh! Um... Yes!" Sean stammered. 

"Well then, let's get going," Jessica said matter-of-factly. All through the rest of science, Sean couldn't take his eyes off Jessica. She was beautiful with her movements graceful and her voice firm and sweet. If Sean had looked away, he would've seen Rick looking at them, his expression filled with jealousy and anger. At the end of science, Jessica and Sean walked out together. 

Rick came up to Sean and said, "Don't be cozying up to MY girlfriend." With that, he put his arm around Jessica and walked away.