Chapter ten: A Place to Call Home

this is the final chapter of Paige's Angel!!! Thank you all for reading it through, I hope I didn't let you down! :) Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN ANYTHING BUT THE STORYLINE!!!!!!

Paige had disappeared early in the morning, not saying much about where she was going, just leaving Erik to his composing and playing. When she got back, he was going to play for her… and tell her how he felt. At the thought of what he was going to do, Erik stood and started pacing, his cloak flowing out behind him in a great black wave. What am I thinking?! His thoughts screamed. An angel like Paige will never love a monster like you! But… she stays here… that must count for something! A small piece of her heart could be mine… I hope. Erik’s expert ears picked up the sound of quick footsteps hitting the stone of the cavern. “Back so soon?” Erik said, laughing. He turned around, but instead of Paige standing before him, he saw Christine! “Christine… why are you here?!”

Christine said nothing as she stepped closer until she was standing right in front of him. Without a word she kissed him forcefully on the lips. Erik froze in shock, not believing what was happening and also realizing that he didn’t like what was happening. There was only one person he wanted in his arms…

A gasp from behind him caused Erik to snap out of it. He turned and saw Paige standing there, her eyes started watering but she blinked the tears away furiously. Christine draped an arm around Erik’s shoulders and smirked at the other girl, as if daring her to do something. “How could you?” Paige whispered. Her bottom lip started quivering and she turned and fled the catacombs.

“Now that she’s gone…” Christine started to pull Erik closer as she smiled at him.

“You had your chance a long time ago Christine.” Erik growled. “Leave this place and if you know what’s good for you never return here again.” Then he left Christine and ran after Paige, hoping he wasn’t too late to fix everything.

When Erik found Paige, she was sitting on the stone bench in the garden. Her shoulders were shaking and he could hear her crying softly. Erik sat next to her and tried to draw her up in his arms but she jumped up out of his grasp as soon as he touched her. Paige wiped her tears and said “So it wasn’t enough for you to break my heart, you have to come and hurt me more?! I thought you of all people would be more cautious with the emotions of others, I thought you would know what heartbreak is like, but I guess I was—”

Erik was up in a flash and he cut her off by pressing his lips gently to hers, successfully shutting her up and causing her heart to sing. Paige realized what was happening and pushed him away. “No! You can’t fool me again!” she yelled. “You obviously don’t want me, so stop hurting me!” she moved to run again but Erik grabbed her hand.

She turned around and saw that he was almost in tears too. “No…” he whispered. “Don’t leave me… I need you here with me.”

“Wh—what?” She stuttered.

Erik pulled her back toward him and hugged her close. “I… I’ve never felt this strongly about a person ever and I’m not very good at expressing it but Paige… I need you.” Erik held her by the shoulders and looked deeply into her eyes. “I would be dead without you… you saved my life, you saved my heart!”

“What about…?”

“Christine?” Erik finished for her. Paige nodded and he continued. “She came and found me. I didn’t know what she was doing and I should have pushed her away the moment she started but I was shocked. I don’t feel for her anymore, I promise.” Paige said nothing, she instead stood on her tip toes and kissed him gently. His heart picked up its tempo as he responded instantly. They pulled apart, but he still held her in his arms. “I have a proposition for you.” Erik said in a businesslike tone.

Paige giggled and asked “And what is this proposition?”

“Run away with me.”

“What?”

“Run away with me.” He repeated. “Neither one of us have any ties here and I’m the owner of a beautiful villa in the country side. All I know is that I don’t want to go anywhere unless you are by my side.”

Paige’s heart raced when she heard the passion in his voice. “I would go anywhere with you.” She whispered. Erik smiled widely at her, not believing that his dream was finally coming true. The returned to the lair and soon their bags were packed and they left the Populaire without another look back, they had no need to! Both of them had found a place to call home in each other’s safe embrace.