I look over at Riven who seems surprised at my response, he shakes his head somewhat annoyed but continues to stay quiet.

"Riven," Chloe looks over at him. "Is what Violet saying true, on both sides?"

"If she says so then who am I to deny that?" Riven says calmly.

Chloe sighs.

She stands up without saying another word to either of us and grabs her things.

"Aunt Chloe, I promise you there's nothing to worry about", I hastily walk to the door opening it for her as she looks back at me.

"Violet, you are a bright young woman but it appears what I have been worried about has already happened," she says with disappointment. 

"I don't understand, Riven and I-"

"This isn't about sleeping together, you and Riven have more to talk than you think," she mumbles softly to me. "If you truly believe that man over there thinks of you as just a friend, then my dear either you're completely blind when it comes to feelings or you're intentionally ignoring what's going on."

Before I could even question what she meant, she heads for the elevator and disappears from my sight. I close the door and see Riven still quietly sitting on the couch, I sit down beside him in the dead of silence.

"Aren't you going to call me stupid for saying the wrong thing or-"

"I have nothing else to say to you Violet," Riven says standing up and walking past me. 

I grab his hand still sitting on the couch and stopping him.

"Are you upset with me?"

I hear him sigh as he takes a step back and faces me, his gaze was cold and dark. He places both of his hands on the sides of my chair blocking me from moving, he leans down as close as he possibly could and just inches from my lips. 

I gulp at the sight of him and feel my cheeks flush.

"Tell me, Violet, do you really think of me as just a friend?" his tone goes stern. "Did anything that happens between us just seem like friendship?"

"I- I don't know what you're talking about," I hesitate. "If this is about what I said to my aunt, I was just trying to keep her from thinking something that wasn't true and-"

"And what if it was true?" he says. "What if I told you that something did happen between us last night? Would you continue to lie to yourself?"

"What are you talking about?" I say attempting to stand up, but Riven doesn't move a muscle and I'm forced to sit back down. "Riven?"

Riven gazes into my eyes for what seems to feel like forever. However, he says nothing and stands up straight moving his hands away from me.

"We're done with this conversation," he says coldly and proceeds towards the door. "I expect to see you at work in an hour."

"Riven!" I jolt out of my chair and chase after him.

As he reaches to open the door, I'm able to slam my hand against it shutting it immediately.

"Y- You're not going anywhere until you tell me what you remember," I pant as I continue to stand behind Riven with my hand against the door. "Please Riven... if I did something wrong then just-"

Before I'm able to finish my sentence Riven pulls me from behind him slamming me against the door, grabbing the sides of my face, and kisses me.

The memories rush to my head, I had kissed him just like this last night when... when I was in his bed.

Riven gently pulls away placing his head on mine as we both catch our breath.

"We may have not slept together but if I'm going to remember this feeling," he whispers in my ear. "It's because you made me feel this way."

Riven pulls himself away from me and opens the door.

"We're done here," Riven says closing the door behind him.

I lean against the door in shock as my heart races, my mind felt blank as if I couldn't process what had just happened. My fingers trace against my lips, I could still feel him.

All this time I thought... I forced myself to believe there was nothing there. I told myself it was just friendship, I didn't accept my feelings for him, and now...

Now I may have lost him.

Please vote by tapping your screen and clicking the star in the bottom left corner if you're enjoying this story! ☆♡