"Fair point..."

I find my things and head out the door with Riven following behind me.

"You know you seem angry at me," he says mocking me. "At least let me hold your things?"

I take a deep breath and toss my bag at him as I open it looking for my keys. I manage to open the door and we go inside.

"The silent treatment? Is that what we're doing?" he laughs. "Maybe I'll just have to tell Chloe about our crazy night together?"

"I swear if you say anything about last night I'll-"

"You'll what?" a voice says coming down the steps. Chloe appears dressed in her designer blazer and dress, with a stern look on her face. "Well? Who's going to explain that crazy night you two spent together?"

My eyes widen and I immediately turn to look at Riven who is just as shocked to see her.

"I'm waiting," she says as she stands before us folding her arms.

"Um... you see we uh..." I mumble.

"We went to the club and Violet stayed the night at my place, but nothing happened," Riven says quickly jumping in and covering for me. "I have no idea why she was coming up with a lie."

I spoke too soon.

"I was not, he told me that you'd be upset if you found out I was at his place and slept in the same bed!" I say defending myself.

"YOU SLEPT IN THE SAME BED?!" Chloe shouts.

"Nice going Sherlock," Riven whispers in my ear. "That part was supposed to be the secret."

"Oh..." I smile hesitantly as we stand there in silence for what felt to be forever.

"I- I think I'll just g-"

"Riven Christopher Danton, sit down on the couch right now!" Chloe demands stopping Riven in his place.

I hear him sigh from behind me and slowly walk over to the couch like a child.

"You too," she glares at me.

I sit beside Riven and avoid eye contact, Chloe paces back and forth trying to get wrap her head around what happened. She takes a deep breath and sits in front of us.

"Okay let me ask you both one question, are you two sleeping together?"

"NO!" We both shout.

"Then are you dating?" Chloe continues to question.

"If we were dating, don't you think it would be just a bit more obvious?" Riven said with a condescending tone. "Not all of us are pros at bidding relationships."

Hearing his words Chloe glares at him and I grab the pillow on my lap tossing it at his face. "Dude, if you value your life you would stop talking!"

Riven signs. "Fine."

"Aunt Chloe, this is just one big misunderstanding," I attempted to explain. "Riven and I just had one too many drinks and I ended up passing out at his place. But we are just friends and nothing more."