𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊

❝ (𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲?) ❞

(𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲?)

Cassandra was walking peacefully reading a muggle book her mother gave her known as 'Pride and Prejudice', in the great hall. This was her seventh time reading it.

The brunette wasn't sure of why she kept reading the book after having read it so many times, she supposed it made her happy.

"The Slytherin party last night was amazing." Adeline Ramirez, one of Cassandras friends, commented as she sat on the ravenclaw tables bench. "Don't tell me your reading that again!" Adeline didn't notice how focused her best friend was.

"Cass?" She waved a hand in the brunettes face, "Cass?!" Her blue eyes met Adelines brown ones. "Oh, hi Addy! I didn't notice your arrival." "Stop speaking like a muggle princess Cass." Addy rolled her eyes and got comfortable in her seat.

The two girls began filling their plates with delicious food while distracting themselves into conversation.

✎...

On the other side of the great hall, Draco Malfoy sat with his head sitting on his palm while staring out into nowhere specifically.

School had started only days ago and he had already managed to push all his friends away. The only people that still talked to him were Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson, his best friends. Everyone else was long gone. Daphne, Theo, Adrian, Goyle and even Crabbe had left.

"Mate have you been getting any sleep?" Blaise interrupted his thinking.
"He looks sick doesn't he?" Pansy added while examining his face. Draco didn't answer, he just fixed his gaze on his food and ate some of the Shepard's pie even though he didn't have an appetite.

"So, why didn't you go to the party last night?" Blaise filled the awkward silence, trying to understand the reason for Draco's disappearance. "I wasn't in the mood." The blonde responded blankly. "Your always in the mood for a party." Pansy furrowed her brows together.

"I just wasn't in the mood okay?" Draco snapped and dropped his fork. Pansy had a look of fear on her face, he stood up and left the hall with anger plaster on his face.

He didn't understand why the dark lord wanted a sixteen year old to kill someone he's known forever and all that anger was being taken out on others.

Draco walked to his dorm where he opened his trunk only to find a dragon stuffed animal. During the summer, he decided to study the making of port keys so he could escape and ended up creating a port key to take him to a secret spot in the forest.

He grabbed onto the old dragon stuffed animal he used as a port key and closed his eyes as he felt sick to his stomach. He felt his feet hit the ground and his grey eyes fluttered open.

Green was surrounding Draco from all angles. He entered a secret door covered by vines by muttering the words 'I need a safe place to runaway.' The vines slowly removed themselves and he entered the secret cave.

The cave was covered in different plants that gave the shaped rock life. The cave happened to be next to a clear small lake showing colorful shells and rocks at the bottom.

Draco sat next to the lake and just stared at it. The moon was shining brightly over it, sending rays on light in his eyes. Relaxation fell over his body as he dipped his toes into the water. This would forever be his favorite place.

✎...

Cassandra was walking around the courtyard observing the moon every once in a while. The night noises distracting her from her thoughts. She decided to take a walk through the woods, maybe there would be something new lying around?

Her feet toke her through the forest showing nothing new, just trees. As she walked farther and farther, she noticed an opening in between vines she'd never seen before.

Curiosity toke over her and she walked through the space in between the vines. Her eyes widened as she walked inside and saw a cave covered with more plants. Her eyes scanned the area and she heard some splashes coming from outside the cave.

She walked farther and her eyes met with a pair of grey ones, unknown ones. "What are you doing here mudblood?" Draco Malfoy's voice sounded disgusted. He was shirtless and in a clear lake without any pants on (but with swim trunks duh).

"I-uh I got lost." She muttered, Cass' eyes couldn't leave the sight in front of her, Malfoy looked so attractive in the moonlight. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." The blonde smirked, "I have enough pictures thanks." Cass replied before grinning as she watched Malfoy's face turn to anger.

She looked around once more, "what is this place?" "One you shouldn't be at, now leave." Draco spat as he watched the girl look around the hidden paradise. Her eyes scanned around the area and ended back at the lake.

Cassandra gave him a 'are you serious' look and he rolled his eyes. "It's a hidden cave I go to when I'm bored. Is that a good enough answer for you?" He glared at the girl, "how'd you find this place?" "It was in second year after we lost the first quidditch match and I needed to clear my head." He explained. "I just began walking until I found this place."

Cass' eyes never left Dracos as he explained how he'd ended up on this cave in the first place. Her eyes wandered all over his body and stopped at his forearm. It looked like there was a mark on it or some sort of ink but something like makeup was covering it.

"What's on your arm?" She pointed at his left forearm and the boys gaze snapped towards it. His eyes widened and he quickly put his arm underwater. "That's none of your business." He muttered and turned his attention back to the water in front of him.

For some odd reason, the two had forgotten all about their differences and sat in a comforting silence that felt like home.

A/N: and there it is besties! Tbh, it's not the best chapter ever but I'm trying my best. Hopefully, I'll post another chapter tomorrow. Have a nice day💕