Chapter 1 | Something's Wrong?

Life has been crazy. I've re-written this about 10 times, and it's STILL NOT GOOD! Not to mention work has been getting in the way of free time and summer has been a drag with having to do online courses on math because of complications. What is life? I am so sorry to everyone who wanted to read this a long while ago- Life has not been going well for me, lol.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO- *COUGH*

Here's chapter one of a chaotic mess of a story.

Yes, the POV makes no sense rn. Leave me be.

~~

Skipping down the hall slowly, as to enjoy the time before arriving at the place of importance, the (colour) spinel bounced with each step, waving every so often to other passing gems.

Most gems passing took one glance at the spinel and knew exactly who it was, there were only so many made. And so many shattered. It was easy to tell every one of them apart.

To Homeworlds knowledge, only a small handful was left, and that included (Name) the (colour) spinel. Spunky and rearing to go as ever-- Normally, but today they were mostly on edge for an unknown reason. Almost like every wall was watching them, leeching for untold secrets from the lone spinel.

You see, today was the day everything would change for (Name). Two fates were about to collide and no one could do anything to stop it.

But they don't know that... Yet.

(Name) sighed as they thought about how long it has been since era 1 and how far Homeworlds come from being a strict hierarchy to something looser and more comfortable.

Even if the Diamonds weren't exactly thrilled with the changes Steven had been making, (Name) had to agree with most other gems that this was much brighter and more-- What's the word?-- Oh yeah, fun!

"Oi! (Name)!" A tall standing Jasper called out as the (colour) spinel entered a wide room with a balcony view of the lower floor. The jasper held up her hand as they approached,

which (Name) gladly high fived as they stopped by the orange gem. "So, are you really going through with it?" The jasper questioned the (colour) gem as she leaned against the railing, her head tilting to stare upwards at the ceiling.

(Name) looked at the jasper with a grin, "yep, I can't wait to see what it's like down there!"

To extend their point, (Name) flung themselves onto the railing and balanced themselves in a funny pose. "I'll be able to finally do so many things I haven't before Jasp!"

They gasped. "Just think! Maybe everyone will want to be my friend."

Jasp shook her head and laughed at (Name)'s answer and impressively balanced pose before looking back at the gem beside her with a hint of concern, they may have only known each other for 2 years, like 2 minutes in gem time, but she could only feel worried that the (colour) spinel would get harmed down on the planet which at this very moment seemed all too far away.

"Say, (Name)." She started, earning a watchful stare from the gem. "Are you 100% sure about this?"

The (colour) gem stopped fooling around and looked at Jasp in confusion. "Uh, yeah? I've been stuck in a garden most of my life. I want the chance to do something new!"

Jasp flinched. "I know dude, I know. But you need to know that earth isn't going to be everything you imagine it to be." Jasp confessed, throwing (Name) for a loop.

"How so?"

She sighed, crossing her arms before continuing. " Humans may seem friendly most of the time, but not all of them are good. That also includes gems off of Homeworld too, (Name)."