Chapter sixteen

•JSchlatt•

I woke up in Wilbur's bed and I immediately rubbed the sleep from my eyes. It was eight- no nine in the morning and I decided to look at Twitter, something I don't do often, to see what was up lately.

I saw a tag trending of Niki x Wilbur and it made me sick on how people were shipping Niki when she's not even comfortable with it. I decided to pull a dream and start a manhunt and search around the house for Will to show him and maybe get a good laugh out of this. I was heading towards the kitchen when the bathroom door opened and he popped out behind me, supposedly showered and clean.

"I'm guessing you've seen the tag?" It took me a second to comprehend what he had said but once I caught on I nodded looking at the tag. "I feel bad for Niki, she seems like a nice person." I respond. He nodded and I clicked on the tag seeing platonic fan art and occasionally more intimate ones. Wilbur of course gagging at the idea of people who had fetishized his relationships. "Would you like to get breakfast somewhere good sir?" I asked in an extremely British accent; to which he responded with "of course dude" in a very American accent which I never even knew he was capable of doing.  I was about to go into the bathroom to shower but Wilbur hugged me and gave a light peck to the back of my neck before letting go leaving me an idiot.

Once I had finished I got out of the hot shower and got dressed in a white shirt and a black flannel with ripped jeans, the usual fit for me, I walked into the living room to see Wilbur on his phone tweeting something, and as soon as he pressed tweet a notification sounded from my phone. He turned his head to me with the biggest grin ever and said; "Aww you love me that much? You're so cute." I'm dying of embarrassment or a heart attack so I decide to throw a pen I had retrieved from the coffee table at him. I then booked it to the door and into the car, him in close pursuit. This reminded me of before the relationship when we did this with secret crushes.

I got into the car and stuck my tongue out at him from inside the safety of the car as he went around to the driver's side. Once he got in, he leaned over the cup holder and kissed me on the lips before giggling and starting the car. "Where shall we go today?" I asked. "You pick." I told him to pick instead of me and we decided to settle this like men.
.
.
.
.
Rock, Paper, Scissors. Loser has to pick the place and the winner can chose if they pay or not. We had an intense game of ties before I won. "HA, in your face. You pick, I pay." I said. He sighed and started driving to a local café. We both ordered boba and a nice batch of chocolate strawberries. We decided to sit inside as it was not crowded and talked about funny things we found on Twitter. The strawberries were a nice treat as they were cool and we took the rest to go after finishing only a quarter of all the strawberries. Together we made a decision to drive to an abandoned park to finish the rest, as it was overgrown and peaceful. After we arrived I plopped a strawberry in my mouth, holding it there for a minute to scroll through more Twitter feed, before Wilbur decided to steal it from me with a kiss, then he became serious. "Hey Schlatt, I have a question." I looked at him, my eyes telling him to go on. "How do you feel about going public?" I nodded for a second before taking a sip of my Boba. "Let's just start a stream from your phone and announce it." He looked surprised but opened up his phone and pressed go live as we set the device on a branch that perfectly fit the frame.

"Hey chat, did we get the notification yet? Okay- there we go. Hey guys!" Wilbur said excitingly. The chat spammed with people saying their hellos as they were not surprised by us being roommates anymore. "We have a bit of an announcement to make." He then looked at me expecting me to take it away.
"I- oh fuck- give me a damn warning before you put me on the spot. Anyway Wilbur simps for me. Officially." Wilbur laughed as the chat didn't catch on. "Surprise we're dating!" The chat spammed and we were anxious to read the messages. One caught my eye though.

"Niki would have been better for you."