Chapter 61

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Kyuubi Speech"

'Kyuubi Thoughts'

Naruto's POV -

'Ugh, my head,' I thought, using my right hand to massage out the pain. I looked around, seeing I was in a forest.

'W...Where am I?' I thought, looking at my surroundings.

Suddenly the memories flew back to me as I realized the bastard used Shisui's genjutsu that Itachi talked about.

'Damn it, how could I be so careless!' I thought.

"Easy kit, everything is... fine," I let out a breath. I had no idea I was holding hearing my partner's voice, but I couldn't help but notice the pause.

'What's wrong, Kurama?' I asked.

"Kit, you may want to come in here," Kurama said in a sorrowful tone.

'Kaa-San, are you there?' I asked and didn't hear a reply.

'Kaa-San!' I yelled, entering my mindscape only to see her panting on the ground extremely pale.

'W...What happened!' I yelled.

"The seal was placed specifically to make sure I couldn't break it any time soon. Your mother once again decided to sacrifice herself for your well-being," Kurama said, looking away.

'K...Kaa-San? I...Is t...that true?' I asked, and she nodded slightly.

I started pumping chakra into the seal to save her, but it wasn't working, so I tried pushing more.

"KIT, STOP! If you keep that up, you will only harm all of us!" Kurama said as tears streamed down my face.

'DAMN IT!' I yelled, punching a hole in the ground of my mindscape.

I felt a surge of chakra, and I watched as my mother's breathing was evening out, as well as her skin color was more vibrant.

'The hell?' I thought, watching as my mother looked healthier than she was a moment ago.

"Naruto-Kun," She said, sitting up.

"Kaa-San? How are you feeling?" I asked, holding a hand behind her if she didn't have the energy to stay up.

"I feel amazing, almost as if I was one with nature," She said. I was confused at first, but then it hit me.

'Senjutsu,' I muttered.

"What?" Said Kaa-San.

'Senjutsu! I think I accidentally broke my natural barriers preventing myself from absorbing nature energy,' I said with a chuckle.

"WAIT, IF YOU ABSORB TOO MUCH, THEN..." She didn't finish as I placed a hand on her shoulder.

'Kaa-San, it's fine. I already know how to balance it out. It's fine,' I said before turning to my Partner.

'Kurama, is it possible for you to monitor my natural energy with the rest of my chakra because it'll take a lot out of me to balance it out constantly?'

"And you think it won't be a pain for me?"

'Well, if the great Kyuubi no Kitsune can't do it, then I guess that I'll have to find someone who can,' I said with a smirk, knowing that'll get him riled up.

"FINE, don't gotta do that every time I say no though," I burst into laughter after that.

'Anyway, Kurama, do you know what Danzo put in my head as memories?' I asked.