01

General:
Y/N = Your name

"Now is not the time to get hurt, Leorio." I won't let you baby me anymore, mom. I'm an adult now, so treat me as one. "Stay safe, boy, and best of luck."

The hunter exams had finally arrived on January, 7th 2011. Wonder what could possibly go wrong Leorio thought to himself, this can't be as hard as the locals say can it? Ugh this dock is so crowded with useless wannabes. Hey, you! "where the heck is the ship at" snarled Leorio, "shut up and wait like the rest of us you impatience fool" said one of the people on the dock, oh whatever hissed Leorio.

After a few moments, the ship had finally arrived. "Finally", Leorio said angrily, "It's been long enough." Everyone on the dock boarded the ship and were put into a small room to wait until they arrived at the exam arena. "Hmmm, I think I'll just sit here", said Leorio. The room was filthy, and people were vomiting due to the strong currents. He went out to get some fresh air because the stench was too much to bear.

Move it, he bumped into a young man with a long blue training suit and blonde shoulder length hair. What's a kid like you doing on this ship, don't you realize the exam isn't for people like you, what's your name anyway? it's Kurapika, and I doubt you're any better than I am; your all talk and its painfully obvious. Excuse me what's that supposed to mean said Leorio.

Come at me, pretty boy, if you think I'm all talk! Kurapika chuckled, "Are you sure you really want to get hurt already the exams haven't even begun." Oh, that's it, you've done it now... HEY, you two, stop right there, the two of them were stunned as they turned to see a small child, maybe 12 years old, shouting at them to come to a halt. "What are you doing here, where your parents" said Leorio.

"Huh what I'm here to take the exams just like the rest of you, my names Gon nice to meet you now can you guys wait until the exam has started" said Gon in a weirdly joyful tone.

Ship's Captain: Alright passengers we've made it to our stop time to get going, good luck to you all!

Authors note: sorry If this wasn't what you came for I just felt like adding a little backstory part cuz I didn't want to rush into it. It'll get juicy soon!