"I'm sorry, I should have said something to him, considering he was my friend and all..." Zayn looked down guiltily.

"It's not your fault." Harry answered sadly as Louis had scooted away from him.

"Anyway, it doesn't matter!" Niall clapped his hands and cheered, trying to break the dampening atmosphere. "Because everyone's favourite couple are back together! Yay!"

"Yeah," Louis blushed and smiled to himself.

Harry watched and smiled along, putting one arm around his back at hold him close.

"And has happy as ever." Harry added, kissing Louis' head affectionately.

"Hey guys!" They all looked up to see Liam standing at the head of their table.

Louis' face dropped as he nuzzled into Harry's side, becoming territorial.

"Speak of the devil." Louis muttered.

"Lou." Harry warned him but Louis simply rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Hey Li!" Zayn smiled back, ignoring the other two as he made room so he could sit with them. "Glad you could make it."

"Hey." Niall waved awkwardly, not wanting to be mean to him, but not wanting to betray Louis or Harry either.

"H-Hi." Liam said again, sitting down awkwardly with a smile as he tried to be polite.

They all sat in silence for a minute before Liam let out a long sigh.

"I hope this isn't going to be weird." Liam admitted. "Cause I think you guys are pretty cool and I want to be friends."

"Well, you can't-" Louis began, but Zayn cut him off.

"Of course you can!" Zayn said, glaring at Louis who just stared back with a horrified expression.

"Wha-" Louis whispered.

"Hey," Harry cooed. "Don't worry about him, okay."

Louis grumbled under his breath, but stayed quiet.

"He's not worth it," Harry whispered as he kissed his temple, rubbing Louis' leg.

Louis rolled his eyes, threaded his arm through Harry's and rested his head on his shoulder, clearly marking his territory.

"Oh," Liam nodded with a smile as he noticed them. "You got back together. Good."

And he wasn't trying to be mean about it, he was genuinely happy that Harry could be with the man he was in love with.

"Yeah." Louis said shortly, being plastically over-nice with a grin. "We did."

"I really don't want this to be weird." Liam asked, pleadingly. "I want to be friends with you guys, but if you don't want me here, I can leave."

Harry looked at Louis, silently asking him to be okay with it all.

"Don't be dumb." Zayn laughed. "You staying. Its not weird at all."

"Yeah," Niall agreed. "We could use a smart guy like you in our group. We're always doing dumb shit that someone should probably tell us not to do."

Zayn and Niall laughed along with Liam, and even Harry joined in a little too.

"I think you should stay too." Harry piped up nervously. "I want to be friends, even if we did use to date."

"Okay," Liam nodded. "It's not like we even have feelings for each other anymore." He laughed.

"Well," Louis scoffed, making Harry squeeze his leg in warning.

"You don't?" Harry asked, a little upset that he had moved on so quickly, but still happy he had.