Chapter 7

1,887 words

Kageyama’s pov

I wake up in the morning thinking about today, a day with Hinata. He really helped me out when I was sick and when I came home that night drenched. It is really nice to have someone like him in my life. I can’t stop thinking about him and when I look at him I see him differently now. I’ve been thinking a lot about him lately and how I feel about him.

I’m not that good with emotions. Especially not with emotions I have never felt before. When I see him my heart quickens and when he smiles I feel like I could explode. I want to give him a big hug and never let go but I also want him to just leave because I know he could never like me the way I like him.

Yeah. I like him. I’m not an idiot. I know what I feel about him and it’s hard to accept my feelings. It feels weird, but much more right than weird. And now I’ve asked him on a ‘date’ which isn’t an actual date. What is wrong with me?

In the morning we decided to finish our homework so we'll have the rest of the day to do whatever we want with it. I can’t really focus on my homework and I end up finishing it with no confidence that I have the correct answers. I’m just internally freaking out about today.

It's 2pm and I walk out to Hinata who's in the main room.

“You nearly done?” He looks up.

“Yeah! You wanna go now?” He looks really excited. 

“Uhh yeah”

“Ok! I’ll go get my shoes on.”

“Yeah same.”

When we’re ready I lock up and we walk out of the dorm house.

“So where are we going Kageyama?”

“Well there is a café that opened up. It's a bit of a walk there so we’ll be hungry when we get there.”

“Ok sounds great!” 

We walk in the direction of the café talking to each other. A few times my hand brushed against his and I wanted to just take it and hold it in mine, but then I freaked out and pulled away too quickly. I don’t think he noticed though either that or he just didn’t think anything of it. Like I said he doesn’t think of me like that.

We’ve been walking for about half an hour now and I see the café.

“Look, we're here.” I point my finger at it.

“Ok cool! This place looks great!”

“Yeah.” We walk in and get a table at the window.

“There’s a really pretty view here Kageyama.” He says quietly.

“Yeah there is.” We both look away from the window at the same time to look at one another. I look away quickly at the menu. He has no idea what he does to me.

“Whatcha getting?” He asks.

“Umh probably this.” I point to a common ramen dish.

“Ahh that's such a classic. I’m getting Soba!”

“And you call me a classic!” He giggles when I say that. Oh god, how am I supposed to last the rest of the day?!

We order our food and it comes after a while.

“Mmm this is really good!”

“Yeah.”

“Not as good as your cooking though Kageyama!”

“W- what?”

“Haha you should see your face! It’s hilarious!”

“I always look like this dumbass!” He laughs even more. Does he really like my food that much?! I've never really thought about it that much. I've always been able to cook..