Chapter 3

1,756 words

Kageyama’s pov

I gotta say, I didn’t think I would enjoy today as much as I thought I would. I don’t know why but I actually had fun spending time with Hinata. Even if he can never get the damn quick attack properly I can see improvement from today. He even helped me out with cooking which was nice since I always do it alone. I find it an annoying chore to do everyday but Hinata told me I was really good. So maybe it is a hobby of mine? I don't know.

I am currently trying to get to sleep but I just can't. My mind Is too active and not sleepy even with how tired I was after practise. Annoyinggg. I hear walking outside my room. Why is Hinata up? Is he ok? I check the time and it says 3:24 am. Ugh, I didn’t know it was that late.

I decide to investigate what’s going on. I open my door and go over to the kitchen. Hinata is there drinking a glass of water trying to.. calm himself down? I walk in and his head shoots up.

“What are you doing up so late...early?” My words come out as slurred because suddenly I’m sleepy. Seriously brain?! Seriously!?

“Oh my god! Sorry I didn't mean to wake you!” he rambles.

“That’s not what I asked. I couldn’t get to sleep so you didn’t wake me. Ok? Just tell why you’re up.”

He seemed to be a little shocked for just a second before he starts to shake his hands in front of him.

“Oh umh it’s nothing!” I don’t believe it so I gave him 'that look' “Well I just had a nightmare. It’s nothing big! I just have nightmares a few times a year. But it’s fine now!” He says rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

Huh. Why do I feel like he’s not being totally honest. I don’t care. Why was I so worried?

“Right” I say slightly awkwardly. I turn around and walk back to my room leaving Hinata in the kitchen. When I get to bed I’m finally able to drift off to sleep.

In the morning it’s the same. I get up, have breakfast, get ready and then leave. This is only my third morning in the dorms with Hinata and it’s growing on me. No more waking up to shouts and having to leave quickly. After that night practically nothing happened for the rest of the week. It was nice and the week passed quickly.

It's Friday right now and my dad texts me to see if we could meet up and tell him about the dorms and how it’s going. I’m actually looking forward to spending time with him. We never do it and it makes me feel like he wants to see me instead of me just  being a burden. I’ll be meeting him after practise tomorrow, Saturday.

I go back to my dorm and spend the rest of the day doing basically nothing. Hinata helps me make food again today and he’s getting better. I think I feel… proud? That’s weird.

Saturday rolls around and Hinata and I decide to do some early practise before the others come. We’re really getting better at the new move even if it’s still a bit unreliable now. We’ll get it eventually. Practise was intense today and I’m more wrecked than I thought. I only have an hour to get back, have a shower and go to meet with my dad. The rest of the team have left and Hinata and I are going to walk back now.

My phone starts ringing and I see it’s my dad calling.

“Uhh you can head back Hinata. I’ll come back on my own.”

“Oh uh, ok!” He says looking at me as I walk to the back of the gymnasium before answering.

“Hey dad. What’s up?”

“Ah yes Tobio. Something came up and I can’t meet with you. Sorry about that.”

“W-what? What came up?”