prologue.

Zayn tries to stay right behind Paddy as the burly man pushes through the mass of paparazzi. He doesn't understand why they're all crowding just to get a picture of him entering the studio.

When they finally get inside, Zayn lets out a huge breath before thanking Paddy and walking straight towards the studio that he knows his newly named husband is currently in.

When he enters(he's so glad that there's no actual recording going on right now), he can hear a familiar voice playing back the lyrics.

Might crash ya internet
And I ain't even into that /
When I was talking Instagram
Last thing you wanted was your picture snapped

Zayn rolls his eyes before he quietly --as quiet as he can-- shuts the door and fully enters the recording studio. The other boy, too engrossed in his music playing back, doesn't notice Zayn in the room until the raven haired boy takes it upon himself by flicking at the backwards snapback on the taller man's head.

"Baby." Liam murmurs, after he recovers from the small jump when Zayn flicked his cap. He pulls the smirking lad into his side and wraps his arm around his waist.

"I would apologize for being late but it looks like you're not even ready yourself." Zayn tells him, shaking his head when Liam just shrugs.

"Fifteen minutes baby, I promise."

Zayn sighs, but nods his head nonetheless; they were just going to lunch, no big deal. He can wait another fifteen minutes. He makes his way to the empty rolling chair and plops himself down.

He tries to listen and watch Liam as he messes with the dials of the soundboard but he gets bored quick. So he pulls out his phone and clicks on the Instagram app.

Zayn's not following many people, doesn't like the hassle of keeping up with who's who. But he still manages to see many new pictures as he scrolls that he hasn't seen before.

He scrolls through the pictures, not bothering to tap twice, even on the ones he actually does like. He lets out a small giggle when he comes across a video Justin Bieber posted of himself doing the shmoney dance in a red power rangers costume. That one, he decides to tap twice.

Just as he was deciding whether or not he should post a selfie on the site, Liam was in front of him carding his fingers through Zayn's un-styled hair.

"You ready to go?"

Zayn nods his head and takes the hand that Liam's holding out for him. It's quiet in the studio, all music silenced and stashed away safely.

They say goodbye to everyone before Liam's leading them out of the room. They meet up with Paddy who's right by their side as soon as they exit. "Stay in front of me and keep your head down, alright baby?" Liam murmurs into his ear.

Zayn nods his head, even though he knows the drill. Doesn't need to be told because he's done this a million and one times already.

Paddy tries to be as fast as possible as he leads the couple towards their vehicle, making a pathway through all the paparazzi for them.

Zayn keeps his head down following the path of Paddy's shoes and tries to block out all the questions and other comments being yelled at him and Liam.

He can feel Liam's hand squeeze his side in reassurance and comfort. Zayn should be used to this, the cameras flashing in his face, the people trying to get as close to them as possible but he thinks no one can really be used to this.

His heart doesn't go back to its normal beating until they leave the place completely.

---

"You're not serious are you?" Liam snorts, taking a sip of his drink before looking at Zayn expectantly.

"I'm totally serious. Like, he called me this morning and told me everything." Zayn shrugs, smiling at Liam who's mouth is open wide.

"Do you honestly think Louis would ever agree on leaving London to move to California?" Liam asks, disbelief evident in his own voice. He knows his best friend, and that does not sound like something his friend would easily agree to.

"Liam. Harry called me and told me, he told me how he finally convinced Louis that moving to Cali would be great for Niall." Zayn explains, repeating his friend Harry's exact words.

"How would that be great for Niall?"

Zayn shrugs, "Haz said something about it always being sunny over here and the beaches. I think he wants his son to become some surfer or something."

"Niall is two and doesn't even know how to swim." Liam laughs, shaking his head. He sort of believes it though, that Harry would want his son to be a surfer.

Zayn shrugs and puts the spoonful of mashed potatoes into his mouth. He doesn't know whether it's true or not, if his and Liam's friends are thinking about moving to the U.S. Last they heard, it was a definite no(at least from Louis).

Zayn thinks it'd be an absolute great idea if Harry, Louis and their two year old son Niall moved here. He'd finally have his closest friends in the same timezone as him.

He's broken out of his thoughts when he feels Liam's hand on his jean clad thigh. The big hand squeezes his thigh, making him look up at Liam who's smiling fondly at him.

"You're happy yeah?" Liam asks him quietly, his nose running along the back of his ear.

Zayn snorts and fiddles with the gold band that's on Liam's finger before smirking up at his love, "I'd be happier if we'd actually got to spend our honeymoon where we planned."

Zayn was indeed very sad that they didn't get to consummate their marriage on their honeymoon. He had planned to honeymoon in The Maldives(an island nation in the Indian Ocean-- Arabian Sea area) at the Soneva Fushi Resort.

Zayn couldn't wait to arrive to the spot that was said to be paparazzi proof and spend a whole week with just Liam. But they had to postpone their honeymoon after Liam learned there were some issues with his newest album that was in the works.

Liam laughs out, his laughter carrying through the almost empty restaurant. "I promise we'll get there soon baby. We can always do it next week yeah?"

Zayn frowns, "Leeyum, you know we have the photo shoot for Vogue next Monday."

Liam groans then pouts at Zayn, "I hate photo shoots. Are you sure you want this magazine to exploit our wedding? Don't you want to keep it private?"

"They are not exploiting our wedding. We're only showing one picture from the wedding. Besides it's our first shoot as a married couple." Zayn says, excitement running through his veins as he thinks about being able to be in front of the camera with Liam by his side.

Liam can't deny that face anything, he thinks as he watches the way Zayn's face lights up as his younger husband talks about how fun it will be shooting together.

Liam kisses the top of Zayn's head once, twice before mumbling a quiet, "Anything you want baby."

----

[New story :) & its ziam ❤️
The prologue was boring, sorry about that. It will (hopefully) get better in next chapters (;

What do you all think?

Thanks to couldyounot- for this beautiful idea 😍!!

Also; lyrics used in this are from Jay-Z's brilliant song Somewhereinamerica ]