***

"You look as if we don't travel with light." Sophie chuckled as Alvar studied the chairlift they were on with curiosity.

"Humans may be rather stupid but this is really cool." He awed and looked down at the expanse of white snow beneath them where humans glided effortlessly downwards.

"Also if you keep kicking you feet like that your skis are going to fall off, and I will not be getting them for you." She sighed and he quickly went to rest his feet on the small bar.

"Ok mom." He muttered and she debated wether or not she should leave him at the top by himself.

(Enter the idiot boys from the front row of my class.)

They both watched a group of teens going of a jump near the edge of a run with interest, though they both snorted when one overshot the jump and cratered into the powder.

They were slowly nearing the top and Sophie raised the safety bar. As they came to the off ramp Sophie stood up and gracefully slid off whereas her boyfriend caught an edge and went face first down the ramp. People in the line for the next chair snickered.

Sophie laughed and helped him up.

"You okay?" She asked and he huffed.

"As good as I can be." He said and dusted some snow off his jacket.

"Come on we should start with the basics." She said.
***

After way too long of teaching Alvar the basics of stopping and starting they made it to the bottom again. He finally got the hang of it after a few runs and it soon became fun for both of them. As the afternoon progressed they both took the next chair up the mountain to the main lodge where they sat out on the balcony for a break. It was weird to be among humans so casually again. Whenever she was around them it had been for some intense mission for the Black Swan. She had to keep reminding herself that there were no stakes looming over her head. When the sun began to descend towards he horizon they both found their skis and made their way down the mountain to where they returned them.

"So how have things been going?" She asked as they both walked around the little village at the base of the mountain

"As good as they can be with a band of murders." Alvar sighed and kicked a bit of snow on the ground.

"But the thing is, I think their planning something now. It's only the higher ups discussing it though, Trix and I both share quite a lot of confusion about it all. Also, Ruy is working on getting his ability back, and I think he's getting close." He continued as concern laced through his voice.

Sophie bit her lip as she thought.

"Do you think they'll tell you?" She asked.

"I'm not sure. But we can't prepare for an attack until we know more." He sighed and they both stopped walking.