❆ Dear y/n. | Kunikida x Reader

More angst babyy-
Do listen to the song or check it out on SoundCloud cause I believe it's not on Spotify?

The reprise version is completely different from this one as it tackles Arron Burr's wife's death while trying to reassure Theodosia, his daughter that it's going to turn out alright in the end.

Also, it's from the Hamilton play by Lin-Manuel Miranda :D

__________________________________________________________________________________________

" Dear Y/n,
I'm sorry for my sudden disappearance once you wake up and discover that I am no longer with you for now. I have been sent on a mission to take down yet another bomber within the city,  It is a shame that I had to leave you before you even saw me go for the day. Once I am done I'll be sure to take you out for another date to replace this day you had without me, be safe. "

- Kunikida.

As you read the letter your lover left, you felt saddened as you were supposed to be with him on this day but you couldn't just Interfere with his work. Kunikida Is a strong man indeed but you just can't stop worrying about him and his safety.

You stood up from your shared bed and went to change into your work clothes and ate. While washing the plates you received a message from Atsushi.

~
Atsushi~ " おはようございます! "
(Good morning!)

You~ " Good morning as well, Atsushi, do you need anything? "

Atsushi~ " Kunikida-san told me that he'll be working late so he won't be able to chat often, he also said that he loves you! ^^ "

You~ " How sweet indeed, thank you for letting me know, Atsushi. "

Atsushi~ " You're welcome y/n-san! See you next time! "

~

"

He's such a sweet boy, the agency sure is lucky to have him. "

You smiled as you placed your phone back in your bag and left off to work.

_

As time passes you keep wondering when he'll come back home, you were so worried for him and that you wanted to see him again, back in his arms. It's been a few days since he was back, all you had from him last was a letter he wrote you.

~
Kunikida~ " Hey, don't stay up too late again!"

You~ " I won't don't worryy 😤 "

Kunikida~ " You're staying up again right now!! Do you know what time it is?!"

You~ " Uhm.."

You~ " 4:21 am..."

Kunikida~ " You have work tomorrow at 6! Go to Bed now young lady! 😡 "

You~ " Hey I'm a year younger than you don't call me young lady! >:( "

You~ " Fine I'll go to bed, I love you Doppo.. ;D "

Kunikida~ " Love you too, now go to sleep!"

~

Scrolling through your messages, you missed the warm feeling of being in love with someone, you weren't falling out of love you just wanted to be with him again. All the sleepless nights, you were so lonely until..

Ring...Ring..

~
' Nakajima Atsushi. '
~

Why is he calling late at night? No matter what the reason is it must be important.

~

You~ " Atsushi what's wro-"

Atsushi~ " y/n-san... I'm sorry but,

Kunikida died 2 days ago.."

You~ "..."

Atsushi~ " He said he'll be finished with the mission in 3 days or less but we found out that he died protecting another victim."

You~ " So that's why he never came back.."

You were sobbing silently on the other line but by how you speak he could tell you were upset.

Atsushi~ " I'm so sorry y/n-san.."

You~ " It's a-alright, It's understandable..."

You ended the call.

~

You screamed as your phone fell onto the floor along with you, sobbing with your hands covering your face.

" Get up and work, you have a deadline soon."

" I'll take you out for cake if you work harder."

" I love you y/n.. Hey don't laugh at me I mean it!! "

All those memories of him and his little outbursts, you missed him so much just to hear that he was gone, gone from your life.

You laid on the floor crying and screaming all your pain out until you heard the door open,

" Y/n-chan, are you alright in there? "

" Hey y/n, it's just me Yosano and Dazai, we both heard you screaming and we got worried."

Yosano opened your bedroom door and sat next to you while The other male came in and patted your head trying to comfort you.

" I'm sorry for the sudden news given to you y/n, please forgive us."

The brunette hugged you while the female did the same, you stopped crying and felt empty.

All you wanted was him back with you again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Besties im finished with 791 words, gives ideas for the next one please thank u 🤩