Strangers

Finally, it was time you decided to roll for Zhongli. You had saved primogems for his rerun and finally got to use them. Logging on the Genshin, you decided to grab a few more primogems by doing daily commissions and testing out his trial run. Okay (Y/N), no more avoiding this.

Trembling you prepared yourself to roll. Mouse-hovering over the single pull button, you took a breath before clicking. You squeezed your eyes shut as you heard the magical animation go off. A warm feel enveloped you and you smiled.

The light was as warm as the afternoon sun. When you had opened your eyes, you were shocked beyond words. In front of you wasn't your room, or your computer, or anything you knew of. Thousands of glaze lilies started to bloom as the world fell into darkness. About a million stars twinkled harmonious above your head. A cool breeze made its way through your hair. Mountains and birds soared high above you as faint sounds of waterfalls were heard in the distance. It wasn't until you heard the sound of soft breathing when you realized someone was staring at you. His amber eyes were widened in confusion and shock. There was a mix of sadness and longing behind his orbs. The way his orange-tinged hair swayed with the wind. Being so mesmerized, you hadn't noticed the man had been speaking to you.

"Are you- Who are you?" His voice was deep and soothing, but you could hear it crack ever so slightly. Subtly pinching yourself, you had indeed confirmed you weren't dreaming.

"I-I-" You were going to say your name, but you were too shocked your vision had become blurry and everything went dark. The last thing you remember was a pair of warm arms around you.

. . .

By the time you had come to, you groaned as a throbbing pain swelled in your head. You tried to sit up, but it just made the room spin. A blurry, brown figure had rushed to your side and helped you out, pulling a pillow behind you.

"Where am I?" It was starting to come back to you. The field of glaze lilies, the scenery. You were sure you had to be dreaming. There was no way you had actually landed in Teyvat. It was impossible.

"At my residence. I am truly sorry for startling you like that, Miss." The male looked painfully similar to someone you had seen before, but who was it. Your memory was a bit foggy. You couldn't remember what you did before you were standing in the blue flowers.

"Who are you?" It felt hazy as you tried to remember how you were here in the first place and who this man was. All you know is that you are not meant to be in this world.

"I am Zhongli. A consultant at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor." A memory had started to bubble in you, but there was no solid memory. Though, you had felt this man was someone special to you.

"Well, I am (Y/N). Er, I don't remember much about how I got here. Only that this is not my world." Zhongli listened to you as you tried to explain what you experienced before reaching the field of flowers.

"I see. You must have crossed worlds between this one and your own. Rest assured, you will return in a few weeks." With that, the male had turned to leave the room.

"Wait! A few weeks?! What about my family? My parents will know I've gone missing!" Desperately calling after the man, you threw off the covers.

"Things like this happen. Either when you had travelled, your body left a piece of you behind to continue your story there or time had stopped in your world. Nonetheless, if it is the former, you will retrieve the memories of your clone as if you had never left."

"I see. Wait! Er-" You were at a loss for words. You didn't know where to begin. There is a difference between playing Genshin Impact as a character and being in Teyvat yourself.

"You have nothing to do?" The man raised an eyebrow at you. Sheepishly, you had nodded at him. Narrowing his eyes, Zhongli approached you again. He was much taller than you, making him a lot scarier in person. "Come, I will lead you to someone who will give you something to do." Exiting the room, Zhongli closed the door behind him. Confused, he told you to follow him but closed the door. Before you could reach the door, it swung open again, just in time for you to back up.

"There is a change of clothes in that closet. Please change before you come out. Your clothes are uncommon here." Zhongli pointed at the white flowy dress you had decided to wear before you had come to Teyvat. Stepping out of the room a few moments later, you emerge dressed in a white hanfu with glaze lily decorations all over the cover. The hanfu feels light on your skin as you slip into the shoes beside your bed. Carefully, you had opened the door to see Zhongli leaned against the wall. When he saw you, his eyes widened a fraction before the male cleared his throat and started towards the entrance of the house.

. . .

"Miss Ganyu will have something set up for you." Zhongli had just come out of the building in the Yuehai Pavillion.

"Thank you, Mr. Zhongli." You bowed to him as the man headed for the stone stairs.

"I'll be back for you when you finish your duties." Zhongli nodded at you before disappearing down the stairs. A moment later, a girl with light blue hair and a cute outfit had come out of the building and looked around. You were examining some glaze lilies nearby when you heard the girl call your name.

"Miss (Y/N), was it?" Her voice was soft and melodic. She gave you a small smile which you returned.

"(Y/N) is fine." You bowed to her in a respectful manner as she did the same in greeting.

"I am Ganyu, a secretary here at the Yuehai Pavillion. I was asked by Mr. Zhongli to give you some work here. I was explained you aren't from Teryvat. I will begin by taking you along with me. Then I will give you other things to do as you progress." The girl explained the instructions as you stared curiously at her horns. When she had caught you staring, Ganyu smiled at you.

"I-I'm sorry." Quickly, you had ducked your head in apology.

"It's alright. I'm part adepti-beast. It must be unusual from where you come from." Ganyu giggles as you blush and nod. "Now, shall we get started? I have a few errands to run in the Harbor, so I can show you around."

With that, the two of you had run around the Harbor speaking to many different people. The Harbor was beautiful in the day. Many merchants had set up shops to sell various different things. Everything captivated you as you passed. Pendants, earrings, necklaces, hairpins, flowers, food, everything was out of a dream. You had to pinch yourself a few times to make sure you were, indeed, in Teyvat.

. . .

By the end of the day, you were excited to see the Harbor light up in the dark. You bid Ganyu farewell as she entered the secretary building to finish up some work. You waited on the steps of the building for Zhongli. Since he took a while, you opted to look at the glaze lilies again. They truly were magnificent. Closed during the day, blossoming during the night. Gently touching the petals, you heard footsteps approach you. Getting up and turning, Zhongli was standing there with his usual emotionless face.

"(Y/N), I've come to get you." You felt like a child coming out of daycare. You might as well have been, there was nothing in this world you knew of. So, like a child, you had to learn everything you could to survive.

"Mr. Zhongli! The Harbor is beautiful! I love everything about it!" Spinning around, you laughed as the warm lights of the lanterns lit up your figure.

"Yes, it is. Shall we get some dinner?" The man gestured towards the stairs of Yuehai Pavillion and you nodded. Your time here at Teyvat was going to be much more interesting than you thought.

Here we go! Down another rabbit hole! Omg, okay, this is finally here! Slight warning ahead: I was listening to Guizhong's Lullaby while making this so, the plot is kinda angsty and lots of self-realization. But, I'll let you guys read the story yourselves. As always, I'll try to update as much as I can. This should be a bit easier than my last project considering it's only Zhongli this update with the exception of Eula, but I tend to write for female audiences (Only because I am not part of the LGBTQ+ community and I don't want to offend anyone if I say or write something inaccurate). QUESTION FOR YOU ALL: What would you want to do most in Teyvat? Personally, I would want to sleep in the sun in a very open and big field. Alright, remember to drink lots of water and eat on time, everyone! Have a fantastic morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!!!