Chapter Nine- Sorry

The movie finally ended with a fade to black. 3 slightly chuckled at the memory of Octavio's signature speech. She reached for the remote and took it out of the hand of a sleeping Agent 4. She had fallen asleep a bit over an hour into the movie at 6:00.

3 clicked the tv off and frowned, looking at her fellow agents. The silence in the apartment was loud when suddenly a small and tired voice spoke up.

"Is 4 asleep?" Agent 8 mumbled in a hushed tone.

3 nodded. "Yep, she's been asleep for a while."

8 nodded back. The two stayed silent for a while before 8 finally said something.

"Hey, I'm sorry if I made you upset at all, 3," she frowned. "I snapped at you and broke one of your cups, it's understandable if you're mad-"

"Upset?" 3 cocked her head to the side, "I'm not upset at all. Well, not with you, I guess I was just... mad at myself."

"No, 3-" Agent 8 began, but she was interrupted again.

"I felt like I wasn't doing enough to help. I WANT to help, but I've been going about it the wrong way and I upset you," she said. "Ididn'tmeananyharmwhenItoldMarinaI'msorry-"

3 began talking so fast that her words slurred. She jumped and widened her eyes when she felt a hand touch her face. She turned to her left and saw 8 with a smile on her face and watery eyes.

"Your efforts were enough, 3, thank you," she mumbled.

Agent 8 put her other hand on 3's other cheek. 3 flinched as 8's thumb gently traced over the edge of her scar. She let out a small exhale and relaxed, closing her eyes and unclenching her jaw with as 8 caressed her face gently. The octoling 8 smiled a bit wider as 3's head felt heavier in her hands.

She stroked her face with her thumbs again. "Do you want to go to sleep?" She asked.

3 responded with a muffled "mhm", keeping her eyes closed as she put her hand over 8's, her face giving off a hint of blush. 8 let go of 3's face and put her arms around 3's waist. She laid back on the couch with 3 pressed on top of her.

The inkling rested her head in the crook of 8's neck and put her arms around her. 8 put one arm around 3 and stroked the back of 3's head with the other. She closed her eyes and gave a small smile.

3 slowly drifted off to sleep, the sound of 8's heartbeat against her ear and the feeling of her playing with her hair putting her to rest.

"Good night, 3," 8 smiled.

3 was unresponsive verbally but hugged 8 tighter in response. The two of them fell asleep in each other's embrace.