Chapter 10

Months have passed but I still don't believe that Talia was insane. I couldn't shake the feeling that in some way she had been the most clear minded that night. I kept wishing that I hadn't panicked and freaked out but instead listened to her carefully.
I had later found out that she got admitted into a mental institution in the next town over. Unfortunately, someone had spotted Talia's parents exiting the institution and with her taking a leave from school, they had put two and two together. Lauren heard and came up with 'Nutella' as Talia's real name was Natalia. I swear the creative part of that girl's brain had just died because she was so unbelievably dense.

I turned into Rose Gate park and followed the paved path lined by trees. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath to clear my thoughts. I tilted my head up and felt the afternoon sun on my face. How I wished a storm would spontaneously arrive tomorrow so I could miss school. Just as I thought this, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. My feet came to a stop and I glanced around. As my eyes swept over the trees, I sucked in a breath.
There between two trees about twenty feet away, stood a boy with shockingly white hair. Not the off-white tinge on old people's heads but a pure snow-white colour. His posture was rigid and I could feel an unwavering gaze pointed right at me.
Who was he and how long had he been there? Neither of us had moved and I wasn't able to discern his face clearly from where I was but I could tell that he had handsome features. I decided he must be waiting for someone else and started to walk again. No more had I taken two steps and he appeared in front of me. I didn't even see him move! My heart started racing as I stared at how close his chest was. I pulled air deep into my lungs to stop from hyperventilating. Bad idea. It just made me more aware of this boy. He smelled of sandalwood and fresh dirt after the rain. And with how his shirt stretched across his chest, I could make out the tight contours of his body. My eyes slowly travelled up, past his Adam's apple and landed on his face. I gasped.
His eyes... They were purple just like that guy three nights ago! My eyes widened and I took a few steps back. He matched my movement and soon backed me into a tree. My back pressed up against the tree and I felt the rough bark through the fabric of my shirt. What was he doing here?! I was more than sure that he was the same guy that broke in.
"What do you want?" I managed to say with a steady enough voice. He stays quiet, his eyes never looking away once from mine. His sternness just unnerves me even more, making me want to look anywhere else but at him. However, upon closer inspection, his hair wasn't all white. There, near his eyes, was a black streak through his fringe. He was clean shaven and had a sculpted jawline. His lips were full and I have no doubt that if he smiled, it would be blindingly charming. Just as I started wondering about whether the guy had dimples, he moved closer and I was made aware of the imminent danger again.
With his face next to mine, he said into my ear, "You're curious and in danger."
I shivered. "How would you know?" I replied.
"I know things." A pause, then not bothering to liberate, "You got the note haven't you? Take the advice if you value your life even for a little. You should have listened to your friend." I stiffened. He-he wasn't referring to Talia, was he?
"How do you know so much? Why me?"
"Because you are special," he breathed then disappeared.
Why does he keep doing that?! The guy's definitely stalking me. I turned and searched my surroundings, thinking he might pop up out of nowhere again. When there was no one in sight, I started to run, aiming to get home.
It wasn't until I reached my front door that I realised I still didn't know who my stalker was, let alone his name.