Chapter 19

Val's POV:

It's been a week since I came into the hospital. Each day, friends and family would walk through the doors and bring flowers and chocolates. Don't get me wrong, I love the thought but it's starting to get annoying. I'm an independent woman. Always have been. Always will be. So having to have everybody do things for me, not my favorite thing in the world. Travis was stable. He and I have been sharing a hospital room and we have also been looking at a new apartment together. He got away with a couple of burns, a concussion, and a ruptured lung so all in all, he was better off than me. We found an apartment along the beach. It was more like a condo. (Like Addison Forbes Montgomery's condo in Private Practice.) There were 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a large kitchen that opens up to a living room/dining room, and a patio that is right on the beach. While we were both waiting in the hospital to be able to go home, we put in an offer and so Eddie and Buck are in the process of moving stuff in along with the occasional help of Marco.

"I'm so ready to get out of here." I sighed as I spoke to Travis.

"Me too but just relax. We both almost died so it'll take time." He said going through his magazine while I read "The Maze Runner." 

"Since when are you one to relax and be patient?" I asked with a slight smirk on my face.

"Since I almost died." He said throwing a stuffed bear at me. I hated Buck for giving him that bear just for the purpose of throwing at me. I'm definitely going to have to kill him when I escape this place.

Just then the doctor walked in.

"Well Mr. Montgomery, Ms. Lopez, your scans look good for both of you so I'm gonna say you are good to go home." The doctor stated.

"Thank you doctor." I said as she walked out with Eddie and Buck replacing her spot holding a bag of food. I could smell the Burgers and fries from 6 feet away.

"Everything okay?" Eddie asked with a concerned look on his face.

"We get to finally escape this place today. Scans look good. We're free to go." I said taking my share of the food from Eddie's hands. 

"But we're not done decorating your place." Buck said with a small frown on his face.

"Are there two beds with blankets and pillows?" I asked.

"Yes." Buck responded.

"Are there clothes for the two of us there?" Travis asked and Buck once again responded with a simple "yes."

"Is there food?" I asked most concerned about the food then anything else.

"Yes bu-." Buck started before I cut him off.

"Then the apartment is done enough for us to move in and live there while things continue to be moved in. Not like there could be much not escape the fire though." I stated.

"You'd be surprised. Most of the stuff in your bedrooms were completely fine. It was the kitchen, living room,  and dining room that was hit hardest. Your rooms were barely burned leaving most of your stuff that we moved into boxes and into your apartment for you guys." Eddie stated.

"Thanks guys. You've been a huge help but I think Val and I can both agree that we need you guys to not help out as much. As much as we appreciate it, we were not born to have people do things for us and after being cooped up in the hospital for a week, we need to do some things on our own. You're still welcome to help out a bit though." Travis said shoving food into his mouth. 

"I doubt Val feels that was too." Buck said.

"Ope no. Keep your distance. I wanna do some things on my own thank you very much." I said as I threw a fry at Buck.