22, girl stuff 101

THERE WERE FEW THINGS Daphne didn't know

THERE WERE FEW THINGS Daphne didn't know. One of them being how to talk to girls that weren't her sister. It was weird. The creators decided to leave the entire periodic table in her head, but not how to talk to girls. So, when the girl that came up in the box finally woke up, Daphne didn't know what to expect.

"What is happening?" Daphne asked, running to Newt's side, who was hiding under a piece of wood with Winston.

"The girl is throwing rocks." Winston answered as Thomas, Trinity, and Minho all ran up to them and the other Gladers that were surrounding the platform. The girl was on the top of it, throwing rocks whenever she could.

"I don't think she likes us very much." Newt said.

"Probably cause you're all crowding her and shouting at her." Daphne replied.

"Yo, she-bean!" Trinity called. "I'm Trinity, this is Daphne, can you please let us up? We promise not to bring any disgusting boys."

The Gladers looked at her, some of them whining complains and Trinity shrugged. "I'm not wrong. Come on, Daph."

The two climbed up the platform, seeing the girl holding a knife at them. Daphne's eyes widened and Trinity spoke, "That's a bit unnecessary and completely against the whole 'girls supporting girls,' thing, isn't it?"

"What she means is put the knife down." Daphne smiled. "I'm Daphne. Do you happen to remember your name? It's okay if you don't, most of us don't when we first come up—"

"Teresa." She spoke gently.

"Wow, okay," Trinity mumbled. "Why didn't we get to remember our names?"

"Because we remember each other's names Trin, and we came up together." Daphne reminded.

"Where are we?" Teresa asked. "Why can't I remember anything?"

"Part of the process," Daphne shrugged.

"This is the Glade, we're kind of stuck here for now." Trinity added.

"Listen, do you want anything? Water? Are you hungry? Because you haven't eaten since—" Daphne rambled, letting out a sigh. "Do you wanna talk to Thomas?"

"They said I mumbled his name in my sleep." Teresa replied. "Who is he?"

"He's a boy, here," Trinity began. "I think it's probably best if you talk to him, because you two obviously have quite the connection."

"We can go get him for you," Daphne offered. "Just don't throw anymore rocks, and if you need anything, just call us."

The two sisters climbed down, all the boys looking at them, but Newt spoke, "Well? Is she coming down?"

"She wants to talk to you." Trinity told Thomas, who gave a nervous look before climbing up. Smiling, Trinity looked at Daphne. "She's a bit of an oddball. She's kind of like you."

"I definitely didn't throw rocks my first day." Daphne shook her head.

"Yeah, but you hid up there for most of the day." Trinity smirked. "You hid while I went to get you food, only climbing down because I was about to beat Gally's ass."

"It was one time—" Gally interrupted.

"Do you wanna go for round 2?" Trinity offered.

-

Daphne looked at the syringe in her hands, glancing between it and Thomas and Teresa.

"We don't even know what this stuff is." Newt spoke first. "Right, Daph?"

"Yeah, we don't, if you wanted me to tell you, I would need a microscope." Daphne shook her head. "And I've been asking for one for years and the Creators still haven't sent one."

"We don't know who sent it. Or why it came up here with you." Newt sighed. "For all we know, this thing could kill him."

"He's already dying. Look at him. How could this possibly make it any worse?" Thomas asked. "Come on, it's worth a try."

"Daphne." Newt looked at her.

"He can't get any worst." Daphne shrugged. "Usually, we would've banished him by now, so you might as well try."

"All right. Do it." Newt agreed, handing Daphne the syringe again.

She walked over to Alby, readying to put the syringe in. Thomas stood at his other side, shouting when Alby grabbed him by collar. "You shouldn't be here! You shouldn't be here!"

Newt and Jeff ran over, trying to drag Thomas out of Alby's grip. "Get the syringe! Let go!"

Daphne's eyes widened before she stabbed the syringe in Alby's arm and he immediately passed out. "Well, that worked. It must have some form of a sedative in it or something

"Okay, from now on... someone stays here and watches him around the clock." Newt demanded.

-

"What the hell's going on out there?" Newt asked as Minho, Trinity, and Thomas returned from the maze. Daphne looked at her sister, asking if she was okay, and Trinity nodded.

"What the hell you done now, Thomas?" Gally rolled his eyes.

"Oh shut up, Gally." Daphne and Trinity said in unison as they walked with Minho, Thomas, and Newt.

"We found something, a new passage. We think it could be a way out." Thomas answered.

"Really?" Daphne questioned.

"It's true. We opened a door, something I'd never seen before." Minho confirmed.

"I think it must be where the Grievers go during the day." Trinity added.

"Wait!" Chuck ran up to them. "You're saying you found the Grievers' home? And you want us to go in?"

"Their way in could be our way out, Chuck." Thomas reasoned.

"Yeah, or there could be a dozen Grievers on the other side." Gally reminded. "The truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he has done, as usual."

"Yeah, at least I did something, Gally. I mean, what have you done? Aside from hide behind these walls all the time?" Thomas turned around to look at him.

"Let me tell you something, Greenie. You've been here 3 days, all right? I've been here 3 years!" Gally shouted.

"Yeah, you've been here 3 years and you're still here, Gally! What does that tell you? Maybe you should start doing things a little differently." Thomas yelled.

"Maybe you should be in charge, what about that—"

"Hey, it's Alby! He's awake." Teresa interrupted.

"The syringe worked?" Daphne questioned, running to the Med-Jack hut along with the rest of the group. "This— This is incredible, we have an actual cure for the stings, and I could try to find a way to recreate–"

"Daphne." Newt and Trinity called.