"Can I shower now? Or like later today?" Maddy asked.

"Uhm.. hmm.. ask Carlos when he gets back down, Okay?"

"Uh huh!" Maddy replied.
————————————————————————
"Babe! Maddy has a question!" TK shouted as he heard Carlos walking down the steps.

Carlos, who wasn't wearing a shirt, jogged over to TK and Maddy. "What's up?" He said.

Maddy managed a smile as she sat and up grabbed his pecks, "oh yes.. that's nice." She smiled, but then panicked immediately. "Was that okay?! I'm sorry C!"

"Mads... it's fine. You're fine.." Carlos insisted, trying to calm her down.

Maddy was breathing heavy. "I didn't ask you first.. and.."

"It's you, Maddy." He said, reaching for her hand to hold. "You could never hurt me, or make me uncomfortable. What was your question?"

"Gosh darn I love you." She smiled as she calmed her breathing down. "Oh uhm, yes.. when can I shower?"

Carlos sighed, and grabbed both of her hands. "That depends.... Do you want to go to the hospital?"

"I don't know.... Can't you just use my underwear?" Maddy cringed at that thought.

Carlos's heart ached, "we can.. yes."

"Ugh. I feel like I should go though.. get it over with before its's too late.. but I don't want anyone to go after him.. not yet anyway.. not till after Owen is cleared." Maddy sniffed.

TK rubbed her back, "hey... dad will be fine. It'll all work out. He's gonna be so upset when he finds out anyway.. BUT only that you felt the need to agree to Billy's deal. He might kill Billy if you ever tell him what all he did to you.."

"I wanna go.... But C?" Maddy inquired. Carlos looked at her. "Can they like.. hold it till I'm ready for them to share the results with y'all, the police?" She sighed.

"Yes they can.. and it's my case. So I'll make sure nothing is done until Owen is cleared, or whenever you're comfortable.." Carlos replied with his caring eyes.

Maddy felt a sense of relief as she sat back on the couch.

TK leaned over, "I'm on shift today.. till Monday. So I won't be able to go with you."

Maddy seemed sad.

"But I can.." Carlos added. Maddy's sadness went away as she smiled gently.
————————————————————————
"Thanks for driving me to a different hospital C," Maddy smiled gently. "I love my peeps, I just don't want them freaking out too.. ha."

Carlos managed a small chuckle, "I know Mads. It's no problem at all."

Maddy chuckled softly, her legs lightly swinging side to side, as she sat on the green table in room 23 in the ER of Baylor Scott and White Medical Center. Carlos was shaking his foot nervously in the chair next to her.

"It's okay boo." Maddy said.

Carlos looked sadly at her, "I should be saying that to you!" He stood up, and with a look for permission, cupped Maddy's face in his hands, pressing their foreheads together. "It'll be okay Mads.. I'll be right here the whole time." He pulled away and kissed her forehead, before sitting back down and tapping his fingers on his knees.

Maddy looked around the room; two different brands of hand sanitizer and soap surrounded the sink, one of the bulbs in the overhead light was out, casting a sort of haze on the room. She looked to Carlos, and knew he was nervous.