-sixteen-

I walked to school alone today, I woke up late because I was up all night, nervously trying to figure out how to tell Sal that I like him. During class, I slept through the entire thing and woke up in an empty classroom. When I got to lunch, all of the food was already gone. And I tripped and fell, leaving an opening for Travis to make fun of me. Everything has been going wrong, so I'm extremely nervous about confessing, What if that goes wrong too? What if he didn't mean it as a confession last night? I walk over to my locker and get my things. Sal walks to his locker.

" Oh, Sal. Would you like to go on another trip tonight?" I ask.

" I.. I'm sorry Y/n. I'm just not in the mood." He nervously says. I cock my head to the side in confusion but he just grabs his stuff and jogs off. Larry, Ash, and Todd walk over to me, grab my left arm and drag me out of the school.

" Did you seriously reject Sal?" Todd asks

" How do you guys know about that?!" I yell

" Sal told us during lunch before you sat with us." Ash explains

" Well I didn't mean to reject him! I didn't know talking about the moon is a form of confession." I say.

" Well.. do you like him back?" Larry asks. I nod my head.

" Then tell him. He's been gloomy all day. "

" I was planning on it, but he denied my invitation." I say.

" Well invite him again. Make sure he knows you really want to hang out with him." Ash says.

" Alright, I will. Larry, come with me. Thank you guys!" I yell. I grab Larry's hand and lead him to the nearest grocery store.

" Okay, what does Sal like to eat?" I ask Larry as I wander through the aisles.

" Shouldnt you know? You're his soon-to-be significant other, not me." He says.

" We don't talk much about our appetites." I say.

" Well, just get whatever you like, I'm sure he'd like it too."

" Well you're no help." I mumble as I grab some of my favorite snacks and two drinks. Larry offers to pay since the outcome was cheap, and then we both leave. I look up at the sky, It's already dark.

" I should get him before the sun begins to rise. Bye, Larry!" I yell before running inside and going up to Sal's apartment. I take a deep breath, then, I knock on the door. The door quickly opens, Sal's dad standing in the doorway.

" Ah, Y/n. Are you here for Sal?"

" Yeah, is he up?" I ask

" Yeah, He's in his room." He says, moving out of the way so I can come inside. I walk past him and go into Sal's room. Sal's mask is in on the edge of his bed. Sal doesnt see me come in, he's too busy playing with his cat, Gizmo.

" Hey, Sal." I say. He quickly looks up at me and a awkward smile places itself on his scratched up lips.

" Hey, what are you doing here?" He asks.

" I wanted to ask you again if you'd like to hang out. I brought some snacks." I say, showing him the bag. He stares at me before hesitantly nodding his head.

" Alright, that sounds fine."