Chapter 25

Narrator's Pov

TW: talks of rape and sexual assault!!

"Cyra" a girl yelled from down the hallway. Cyra whipped her neck around at the familiar voice.

Her eyes widened and her back pressed against the lockers as she locked eyes with the girl who quickly ran to her.

Aysun and Dani furrowed their brows in confusion as they looked at each other before turning to Cyra.

The girl stood a few feet away from Cyra. Her brown curly hair sat on her shoulders and her light green eyes pierced through the darker ones in front of her. Her cheeks held a permanent light blush and she wore faint freckles on her nose.

"Sky wh- what are you doing here" Cyra stuttered.

Aysun furrowed her brows once again as the two girls interacted.

"I- I just transferred here. I didn't know you went here too. I need to talk to you Cyra." The girl spoke quietly.

Cyra furrowed her brows. A wave of anger came over her. She balled her fist and squeezed them tightly, causing them to turn pale.

"I never want to see you again" Cyra gritted through her teeth before running off.

"Cyra wait-" Sky called out as she tried running after the girl. Dani stopped her and Aysun ran after her girlfriend.

"Who are you? What do you need to talk to her about?" Dani interrogated. Her hand was placed on the girl's shoulder, blocking her from running after Cyra.

"I used to go to school with her, I just really need to talk to her" Sky replied.

Sky ran in the direction that Cyra did and Dani ran after her trying to stop her. She ran down the halls looking back and fourth between the classrooms trying to find the girl.

Cyra ran off into an empty chemistry lab. She sat at the desk in the corner and buried her face into her palms.

Aysun stood in the door way for a few seconds. She had no clue what was going on, and was genuinely confused but wanted to comfort her girlfriend. She sighed before making her way over to the rest in the corner.

"No stop" Dani yelled in the hallways.

Sky stopped in the doorway of the classroom and stared at the two girls in the corner before making her way towards them. Dani tried grabbing the girl's arm but Sky shook her off.

"Cyra please- I'm sorry."

Cyra lifted her head and looked at the girl.

"You sat there and watched" she said as she stood to her feet and walked closer the the girl.

Sky became visibly nervous. She swallowed a lump in her throat and walked backwards slowly as Cyra walked towards her.

"You sat there and saw everything she did to me and did absolutely nothing. Nothing. You saw the bruises and the marks she left and you sat back and said nothing, did nothing." Cyra gritted through her teeth.

Cyra continued to slowly move towards the girl as she backed away while Dani and Aysun watched from different parts of the room.

"Day after day, for months. She put her hands on me, hurt me, treated me like I was shit, and you sat there by her side and watched as if it was okay." Cyra's voice became shaky.

By now Sky couldn't back away anymore. She was pinned against a table while Cyra was two inches away from her body.

"I- I know. I'm really sorry Cyra" Sky replied as her voice trembled.

"That's all you have to say for yourself?" Cyra asked as she furrowed her brows.

"What more can I say Cyra?" Tears began to fall down her cheeks. "I can't take it back, but I know what it must've felt like for you. I'm sorry"

"You know how it felt? How would you know" Cyra asked as she began to raise her voice.

"Cyra she- she raped me" Sky said as she lowered her head.

Cyra backed away from the girl and looked at her in disbelief.

"What"

"When you suddenly left it angered her. Everything she did to you she started doing to me. My body ached and was covered in bruises where no one else could see. She- she forced me to have sex with her."

Cyra stared at the girl in front of her. Both their eyes filled with tears that didn't dare fall down their cheeks. Cyra lowered her head as her eyes flashed dark green before lifting her head to meet the girl.

"How long." She asked.

"How long was the sex?" Sky questioned.

"No stupid. How long where you stuck in that situation."

"A few months. Ever since you left and then a little during the summer before we moved."

"I'm sorry Sky."

"No, I'm sorry Cyra. I should've spoke up."

Aysun made her way towards Cyra and wrapped her arms around her body. Dani and Kota stood in the doorway, continuing to keep their distance.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Sky asked. Cyra nodded.

"How long have you guys been together?"

"Almost six months" Cyra replied as she smiled.

"I'm glad you're happy Cyra" Sky said genuinely.

"Happier than ever" Cyra replied as she pulled her girlfriend closer.

"I'm glad you're happy Cyra. I'm gonna go, I'm sorry for everything." Sky began to make her way to the door before Cyra stopped her.

"Sky wait" Cyra said.

Sky whipped her head around to meet the girl's face. The rest of the teenagers were now in the room. Kota and Dani stood in the doorway and Marissa, and Mayson sat on the other side of the room.

"These are my friends" Cyra said smiling.

"Mayson, Marissa, Dani, Kota" she said as she pointed to each one of the teenagers around the room.

Sky smiled shyly as she looked around at each of them.

"And Aysun" Cyra said as she turned to her girlfriend and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you all. Sorry about all this." Sky said before continuing to walk to the door.

"Sky, find me during lunch."

Sky turned and nodded before leaving the room. Cyra sighed and turned her attention to Aysun as she smiled. Aysun furrowed her brows as she stared into Cyra's eyes.

Cyra's eyes flickered between a darker green, and her normal eye color. Cyra shook her head and rubbed her eyes quickly when she realized what was happening.

She cupped her girlfriend's cheeks and placed a soft lingering kiss on her lips.

"We're late for class. Come on." Dani said.

They all walked towards the door and went their separate ways as they made their way to their classes.