Chapter 4

I was reading my book 'Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets' , a personal favourite, when I heard the front door open and close. Harley went to pick Hattie up around 20 minutes so I'm guessing it's them. I place down my book and walk towards the mirror on the back of my door, I'm wearing a black skater skirt, baby blue cropped top and an oversized black cardigan. Looks good enough to me and they can't say anything about skirt since we have a guest. I'm a genius.

I walk down the stairs hearing conversation in the living room, I turn the corner and see this beautiful tanned girl who looks like she has Spanish origin, I may be wrong, I'll be sure to ask her later.

"Hey guys" I shyly say from the doorway. Their eyes snap towards me and Cisco holds his arm out for me from the sofa. I walk towards him and sit on his right, the twins are on his left, Arlo is on the armchair and Harley and Hattie are sat on the other couch.

I see River and Reed frown when they glance down at my outfit, they share a look but don't say anything. Weird twin things.

Hattie smiles warmly at me and I return it.

"Hello Robin it's nice to finally meet you, Harley has told me a lot about you"

"He has?" I question raising a questionable eyebrow in Harley's direction.

"All good things don't worry, he describes you as quite the angel"

Reed and Arlo scoff.

"Angel? her? more like the devil" replies Reed.

"Agreed" Arlo says nodding his head.

Everyone else laughs.

"C'mon guys don't make me look bad, Hattie's only been here 5 minutes. Hattie don't listen to them they're just stupid boys"

She laughs softly "Agreed Ro" she then makes an anxious face and quickly blurts "I can call you Ro right- you can tell me if I can't, I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable I-"

I cut her off before she dies of lack of oxygen "Yes you can call me Ro, or create your own nickname I don't mind" I chuckle softly at her.

She sighs in relief "That would be lovely, how about Robby?"

"Perfect" I grin at her.

Then there's sounds of protest.

"HOLD ON A MINUTE you kicked my balls the last time I called you Rob"

"This is favoritism"

"Traitor"

I groan "Jesus guys Robby and Rob are different for one and two yes I do prefer Hattie" I send a wink in her direction and she laughs so loudly she snorts. Which makes me laugh and suddenly we're both holding our stomachs and occasionally snorting.

The boys look dumbfounded.

After 10 more minutes of conversing, we head to the kitchen to serve up dinner and sit at the table. I sit between the twins, Hattie is opposite me, Arlo and Harley occupying the seats on her sides and Cisco is sat at the head.

River is quietly observing everything going on but I can tell he likes Hattie, he seems relaxed with her which is a good sign.

Cisco is enjoying his food while conversing with Hattie about how she met Harley which apparently was when Harley accidently spilt coffee on her dress and offered to pay for a new dress and she instead asked for his number as payment. cliché but cute.

Arlo is scoffing down the lasagna like he hasn't eaten in decades, he said his baseball practice was rough today so that explains why he's so hungry.