Chapter 3

Scrambling off the murdering bike, I gasp in relief after removing my helmet and place my hands on my knees panting.

"Cisco I am never doing that again, we almost died!" I exclaimed angrily pointing at oldest brother.

He turned his gaze to me and his eyes softened. "Look sweetheart I know you don't like it but you're not allowed to go home by yourself and it was raining"

"Well it's cleared up now" I mumble under my breathe retrieving my skateboard that was haphazardly tied to my bag and following Cisco inside, still shaking from fear. Or was it the cold? Probably both.

He unlocks the door with his house keys and shrugs off his coat to hang on the small hooks in the narrow hallway, I mimic his actions and we head to the kitchen. I could really use a snack right now. Opening the fridge I see there's nothing of interest, hold on a minute WHERE ARE MY CHOCOLATE PUDDINGS?!

"REED!!!" I shout up the stairs. Cisco immediately covers his ears and I hear a groan from the living room. Definitely River. 

"Don't shout Ro"

"What the fuck do you want Robin?"

Cisco and Reed say at the same time, doesn't take a genius to figure out who is who. I hear rushing footsteps coming down the stairs and Reed appears in the kitchen.

"What is it? why are you so loud?"

"Where are my chocolate puddings?" I demand glaring at him with my arms crossed.

He smirks.

"No clue what you're talking about darling" he feigns innocence sarcastically.

"You ate them" It was an accusation, not a question. I know he ate them, he's a pig.

"So what if I did little Red, you gonna cry about it?" he mockingly pouts at me, casually leaning against the open kitchen door frame tilting his head. I lunge at him to tackle him to the ground but the BFG doesn't even budge. The F stands for fat not friendly. Instead he grabs my waist and slings me over his shoulder.

He pretends to struggle with my weight "Ooo Ro you might wanna lay off the chocolate puddings, you're getting heavier, I was really doing you a favour" I wiggle around in his grip but he won't let go. I see Cisco leaning against the kitchen island with an amused face. Traitor.

"Put me down you oaf!"

"What was that? I didn't quite hear you" Now this is getting annoying.

"Put me DOWN!"

"Okay whatever you want princess" he walks into the living room but my face is in the direction of the kitchen so I can't see where he's going.

"Ahh!" I exclaim being thrown down onto the sofa, except this sofa is warm and has just let out a groan. I turn to see River with a pained face after I just landed on his stomach knocking the air out of him. He sits up moving me between his legs while I'm sitting up against the back of  the sofa and he's laying against the arm of the sofa.

I grin sheepishly at him "Sorry Riv". He rolls his eyes jokingly and turns back to the Tv. I hear conversation start in the kitchen, Reed and Cisco.

"River where is Harley?" I ask turning to him. He glances at me and signs Girlfriend. I nod my head in understanding.

River knows basic sign language like the words for please, thankyou, work and school etc. It makes it easier for him to communicate with us if he needs but he doesn't tend to do it much. His actions speak louder than his words. He's more of a silent type, he observes and he watches even if you realise he isn't doing it. He's eerily calm but he looks as if he could snap Reed in half and he's just as big. Riv does have a massive soft spot for his siblings though, you can tell through his mannerisms. They're ten times more relaxed around us than with strangers.