XI. A Past in the Present

Start from the beginning

"Just the three of you? What about the hyungs?"

"Jake said he had something important to do. Something about his family's business I think? Jay has to go to a doctor's appointment and Sunghoon said he need to practice ice skating."

"What about Heeseung hyung"

"I asked him but he hasn't replied to my text yet."

"Ahh, hmmm, sure I'll come with you guys. I have nothing better to do anyway."

"Great! I'll go get Niki and Sunoo."

"Just wait for me here, I'll just go to the restroom quickly."

---

"I'm sorry Minji, the faculty suddenly called for a meeting with the student body candidates and I really have to be there, I'm really sorry." Sunoo apologized over and over again.

"No no it's fine! Don't worry about it!" Minji replied.

They both smiled at each other - Sunoo hugged her and thanked her for understanding.

"What about you Niki?"

"I can't go, this guy is dragging me in his political agendas." Niki said with a blank face as he pointed as Sunoo.

"Hey! I help you with your rise to internet fame - so you have to help me too!" Sunoo lightly punched Niki's arm.

Niki rolled his eyes and laughed at Sunoo, meanwhile Sunoo squinted his eyes at Niki.

"Come on let's go, we'll be late for the meeting. Bye Minji!!" Sunoo bid Minji farewell before they left - holding Niki's wrist and dragging him along.

"Sometimes I really think both of them like each other but neither of them wants to admit it." Minji told herself as she looked at them from far away.

"Yeahhh, those kids are really something else." someone behind Minji suddenly said.

"OHMYGOD!!" Minji screamed from surprise - looking at who suddenly popped out of nowhere - it was Heeseung.

"Oppa! I mean- Heeseung! You don't just creep up behind someone like that and suddenly talk!" she said.

"Hehe, sorry." Heeseung replied with his sweet smile.

Minji glared at him for a while, before asking him a question.

"So did you get my text?"

"Yup! And since it's only the two of us...where do you wanna go? I know a nice ice cream place a few blocks from here."

Her face lit up. Ice cream was one of her favorite food to eat - regardless of flavor.

"OH YES YES! Ice cream sounds good! Let's go there! We just have to wait for someone."

"Who? I saw Jake on the way here, he said the three of them won't be able to make it." Heeseung said with a confused look.

He wondered who could it be that they were waiting for.

"Wait a minute...NO- NOT HIM. PLEASE NOT HIM." Heeseung thought to himself.

"Okay I'm back, let's go- oh, hi Heeseung hyung." Jungwon greeted him.

Heeseung took a deep breath in and a deep breath out. He glared at Jungwon.

"Hi."

---

The three students are now on the way to the ice cream place Heeseung was talking about. They had just exited the campus through the main gate - Minji greeting the guard stationed there a good afternoon and a goodbye.

If Sunoo and Niki were with them, they would have been probably watching from the back and be laughing at them.

It was a funny sight to see indeed.

There's the happy girl who is unaware of the tension.

The guy annoyed by the presence of someone else.

And the other male, weirded out by the eyes fixated on him.

But the eyes fixated on him were not just one pair.

The other pair belonged to another figure. A girl. A girl stalking them from far away.

"Seoul, Korea. So this is where you've been hiding all along Yang Jungwon."

---

A/N:

Hello readers! I'm finally back after a long break, and I would like to thank you for your utmost patience! I can finally go back to updating everyday or every other day - so yeah, thank you again for waiting and I hope you enjoy this book :>>