Monday's birthday, #5

Start from the beginning

10.55 PM
What are they doing now you may ask ?
I don't know either.

"Yah what are you doing ?!?" Soojin asks Jihan who was riding on Monday's back, Jihan almost fell so she held on to Soojin's favorite lamp next to the tv.
"Sorry Unnie, It's getting a bit bumpy" Jihan says distractedly, they were battling who could find Jaehee's tiny mickey plushie. Soojin was on Soeun's back, while Jiyoon was on Zoa's back. They already prepared the battlefield, which was covered in blankets so if they fall it wouldn't hurt. Jaehee hid the plushie 10 minutes ago and whoever finds it gets to keep it. It was supposed to be the battle of who can find it faster but it soon changed to a war.
Jiyoon and Jihan was pushing each other while Soojin was losing balance because Soeun was laughing a lot. Jihan finally fell down to because Monday couldn't hold her laugh anymore, Zoa walked around the kitchen and spotted something. She stepped forward and saw a glimpse of mickey's ears, but Soojin also saw it.
They were on the opposite side of the kitchen table, they made eye contact with each other before running to get the plushie. It felt like everything was happening in slow motion, till finally Soojin won by a finger. Her finger caught the keychain of the plushie so Soojin and Soeun won it. Monday and Jihan was too busy laughing to care about who got the plushie. After calming down, Soeun got the plushie and they 'congratulated' her.
"That was so fun !" Jihan says catching her breath
"I know right, we should do this more often" Zoa agrees, they decided to play another round this time just for fun. With Jiyoon the one hiding the toy, Jihan and Zoa won after a tough battle of getting through Monday and Jaehee's team.

11.49 PM
"Let's go to sleep guys" Soojin said while fake yawning, this was what they planned on doing. Making Monday think that they forgot her birthday and surprising her once it was 00.00.
"Yeah, I think I'm going to sleep now." Jiyoon says to make it more convincing, Jihan and Jaehee also agree with them while cleaning up the mess they made before.
"Night guys, see you tomorrow" Jaehee sleepily mutters while opening her and Monday's door, Monday also joined her, confused.

Monday POV
This maybe a common question to ask myself when 10 more minutes I am officially 19 but did they really forget my birthday ?
"Wait, I forgot my socks outside" Jaehee spoke, I just said yes and continued to wonder on wether they actually forgot or not.

11.59 PM
Third person POV
"She really doesn't suspect a thing guys." Jaehee says excitedly knowing that means their surpise will be a success.
Jihan was the one holding the cake and Jiyoon holding the confetti. Zoa was preparing her camera while Soeun and Soojin was holding the party hat for Monday.

00.00 AM, 10 May 2021
The sound of confetti popping almost gave Monday a heatt attack, she was getting ready to sleep when she heard the door open. Monday thought it was just Jaehee coming back but apparently she went to get socks and a lot more.
"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Monday Unnie, Happy Birthday to you" All the members sang loudly and Jihan now held the cake in front of Monday. Monday really didn't expect the confetti popping and almost making her permanently deaf, though that didn't matter now. Monday was starting to get teary eyed and really happy that they surprised her. She expected maybe just cake and gifts in the morning, she should've known that they were anything but normal.
'I wish that no matter what happens, We'll always have each other' Monday says in her heart while blowing her candle. Everyone clapped and cheered super loudly, they'll probably get a noise complaint but none of that matters right now.
"Thank you guys" Monday says while wiping her tears, Jihan and Soojin also got a little bit teary eyed. They handed me gifts and told me to open them now so I did. Inside the bag of gifts, there was a letter that was filled with the wishes and hopes from the members. Monday started to seriously shed some tears now, yet continued on reading them.
"From Soojin Unnie : Sometimes you are a pain in my ass, sometimes you tease me endlessly, sometimes you also pull pranks on me" Monday chuckled and the rest of the members also laugh, it was true though sometimes Monday would pull pranks that made everyone fall for them.
"But you always still show your loving side to me. Even when I am the leader and the oldest out of all 7 of us, you still manage to show me that if I needed someone to lean on you would always be there for me. So now I am saying this that if you ever have worries or you just need someone to vent, I'll always be there for you." Monday finished reading and wiped her tears, she could see that all the other members' eyes were puffy and red. It was just really flattering and heart warming that it made them a bit teary eyed.
Monday hugged Soojin and thanked her, Monday understood that even as the leader she would need a shoulder to lean on. So Monday often checked how the members were doing to make sure that they were okay.
"From your prankster partner :" Monday immediately knew who this was, Monday and Jiyoon were known as the pranking duo for because they were always pranking the other members.
"Thank you for putting up with me even if my jokes are often cringy and not funny, I often say the wrong things and I can sometimes see that it hurt you. I'm sorry for all my past mistakes, for both my actions and words. I just blurt things out so don't take them seriously. Thank you for joining me when I ask you to prank other members, their reactions are always funny. I hope we can prank Zoa these days and all the others in the future." Monday finishes and then hugs Jiyoon tightly, they always were the joking type. That's why their group fit so well. All of the 7 members had different traits, but that's what made them perfect for each other.
"From Soeun : By the time you read this, you probably have some ringing in your ears due to the confetti popping nect to your ear. But it'll be worth it once you know how much trouble we went through to surprise you. Monday-ah, thank you for everything you've done for Weeekly. You helped me train at night and you help me perfect my vocals. Even through my stubborn self, you still wanted to help me and convinced me not to give up, thank you for everything." Monday's face was wet from fresh tears every minute at this point, Soeun came forward and hugged her tight.
"If you need entertainment, just put Soeun and Monday together and you'll get interesting conversations and fights" Jiyoon says to the camera. All of the members looked up and smiled shyly at Zoa's cam, all of them had forgotten that it was filming but it was a very precious moment. Jihan, Zoa, and Jaehee had made a video to say their wishes. Jaehee opened the video and handed Monday her phone. Soon enough, Jihan's face came to view.
"Happy Birthday Monday Unnie. I wanted to say thank you for everything you've done for me. Your kindness and caring personality inspires me a lot, even when times were rough, you still manage to pull through and do your best. You are like a role model to me, you inspire me to do my best. Sometimes it's hard to keep a perfect image as an idol, but you still put a smile on your face and I really admire that. I hope that you can always keep a genuine smile on your face and I hope I can make you laugh until you shed a lot of happy tears like you are know." Jihan finishes while pointing at the camera through the video, everyone chuckled already predicting that most of the members would cry.
"Unnie, Happy Birthdayyyy, can't believe you're already 19 right now. I would say you're already old but I remembered that old people are short-tempered. Anyways, I wanted to thank you for not giving up on me. There was one time when we practiced for a dance choreography video, I couldn't get the moves right and was just really frustrated. The other members already went home but you stayed with me and kept teaching me the moves. I wanted to give up but you stayed by my side and was really patient with me. Thank you, I don't think I would be here now if it weren't for you." Zoa says and passed the phone to Jaehee. Monday would be lying if she said she wasn't touched right now, cause she very much was.
"Happy Birthday Unnie, thank you for putting up with me when I was reckless and chatty. At night, you could've easily told me to be quiet. But you didn't, you talked and joked with me till we were both tired and thirsty. Thank you for comforting me when I was nervous and supporting every single one of us" Jaehee refers to everyone surrounding Monday right now.
"None of us are perfect Unnie, that's why I'm telling you this now. It's okay to make mistakes, don't be afraid to try new things just because you're scared of making mistakes. When you do, I'll most definitely forgive you just like you always forgive me for saying the wrong things and making mistakes." Jaehee concluded, then Zoa and Jihan appeared on the screen.
"Happy Birthday Monday Unnie !" They shouted and ended the video. In real life, Monday's face was wet from fresh tears while watching the video. Monday finally regained her senses and hugged the maknae line one by one. They got together for a group hug and Monday wonders, how did she find evil but nice friends like them. But one thing's for sure, they were an irreplaceable group of friends.

 But one thing's for sure, they were an irreplaceable group of friends

Happy Birthday Monday Carey