Chapter 4: Link Start

Start from the beginning

Kouichirou sighed as he turned around and faced Rinko, looking down at her before putting a hand on her head and smiling gently.

"Your secret is safe with me," he promised. "I won't tell another soul."

Rinko looked up at Kouichirou, giggling softly as she smiled back at him, reassured by his promise.

After Kouichirou pulled his hand away from Rinko's head, he faced the door before opening it as he exited the cabin and closed the door behind him.

~~~

Mayumi groans as an alarm from a digital clock awakened her. Mayumi wasn't in the guest room. Because Kouichirou was gone all night, she decided to sleep in his room. She did do some snooping while he was gone. Like, looking around his room for any dark secrets he is hiding. For example, porn magazines, Ecchi manga, body pillows or figurines. But she found nothing.

Guess he's really not a closeted otaku... Mayumi thought to herself before sighing.

Mayumi sat up tiredly as she looked at the alarm clock, seeing it was 7:00 AM. She pressed the snooze button before grabbing a pillow to snuggle. She sat crisscrossed with the pillow in her arms.

"It smells like him..." she says into the pillow as her face blushes lightly, slowly sinking her face into it.

Suddenly, her phone started ringing. The loud ringing startled the blonde woman, causing her to pull her head away from the pillow and look at her phone. Mayumi grabbed it before bringing it towards herself to see who was calling her.

Mayumi saw the name "Kouichi" on her screen. She blushed more from seeing Kouichirou's name on her phone. She pressed the green button to answer the call before bringing it to her ear before speaking.

"Kouichi?"

"Hey, Mayumi," responded Kouichirou. "Sorry that I'm not home, but can you do me a favour?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"I need you to check my closet," he answered. "There's a box wrapped like a present on the floor as well as another gift wrapped on top of it."

"Sure, let me check." Mayumi gets off the bed, the phone still against her head as she walked towards the closet before opening it.

After opening the closet, she looked down to see exactly what Kouichirou told her to find. Mayumi kept her phone in between her head and shoulder to keep it from falling as she picked up the wrapped box along with another gift on top of it that is the size of a video game disk case.

"I got it," Mayumi said as she puts the gifts down on the bed, grabbing her phone and holding it against her ear again. "Where have you been anyways? It's seven, and you should be at work."

"I'll be on leave for a while, so it's fine," Kouichirou answered. It sounded like he was carrying stuff from Mayumi's side. "I'll be coming home soon."

"O-Ok, stay safe," replied Mayumi. "Bye."

Kouichirou didn't say goodbye back but instead hung up.

Mayumi sighed and put her phone down on the nightstand. She looked at the two gifts, curious about what could be inside. She could unwrap it and see for herself, but she feels like Kouichirou wouldn't want her to do that, but he also didn't say anything about "not opening it.

The blonde girl was conflicted about whether she should open it or not. The gift had a little paper tag on it. Mayumi looked closer to read it.