I nodded, laying my head on his chest again, snuggling into him. I did believe that Jason would find Tim. I also believed that Jack had crossed a line, and no one was gonna hold Jason back. No one was gonna stop him from protecting Tim.

They had something I'd never seen before. Tim was Jason's light. In just the day that they had been together, I could tell Jason was different.

His natural scowl was gone and he hadn't gone two nights in a row before without parting and getting drunk enough to forget whatever slut he took to a hotel with him.

Roy was rubbing my back, calming my nerves as he hummed. Breathing out slowly, I leaned up, capturing his lips in mine.

When I pulled away he sighed and I put my hand on his cheek. "This is not your fault and Jason knows that. He knows you fought for Tim."

I kissed him again then grabbed his hand, holding it tightly in my own. I knew keeping Roy here would be hard, but I hadn't realized how hard it would be to keep myself here.

Tim had become important to all of us. He was family now. Growing up in this lifestyle, you learn early on that family isn't just someone you share DNA with. It's the people that you trust. The ones that will be there when you need them.

Jason and Roy had always been like brothers to me. Tim was that now too. He was family. No matter what, we would fight to get him back.

I knew for a fact, all of us would kill for him.

__________________________________

Jason's POV

My chest felt tight. My hands were sweaty. My whole body was shaking with anger and fear. I can honestly say, I have never been this stressed before and I was so glad I wasn't in the driver's seat.

At the same time though, I needed something to do with my hands. I felt useless in the moment and just wished above all else that Tim was in my arms. Safe.

Jack had left an address in the note for me to meet him at. I didn't recognize it and I didn't know what to expect.

Thinking about seeing him brought back so many horrible memories. Every manipulative moment. Making me feel sick as the thought that he had Tim, taunted me.

The thought that he might have touched Tim, fueled my anger like gasoline. Just thinking about him in pain, jolting away from someone's touch, shaky, scared and confused. It left me a wreck.

I had to be strong though. Strong for myself, but most importantly, Tim.

Taking a deep breath, I steadied myself. Sighing heavily, as I scanned my surroundings.

I got out of the car, my gun in my hand, ready to be used. I wasn't playing around. This time Jack had made a real mistake. He was about to learn his lesson.

We had parked in front of a warehouse. Obviously abandoned and miles away from any other building or home. Bright lights lined the length of it and a docking bay door was open to the inside. Jack definitely chose this place for location and not looks.

I was skeptical, alert, ready for anything as we walked in. My men stood all around me, checking out the surroundings for anything. Any sign of Jack or Tim.

Trust was something I valued highly, especially after everything I went through. So I knew every one of them was ready for anything.

"Ah, Jason. It's so good to see you." I froze, sucking in a sharp breath as I felt dread fill my mind. I breathed out slowly, preparing myself before turning to face Jack.