~~~~~~~~~~

The elf awoke to the light of the sun shining in her eyes, feeling the familiar sheets of Obi-Wan's bed underneath her. She hadn't had a dream as vivid as that one in a while. She remembered the night before and sighed, needing to speak to him once more. Getting up, she looked out the window and into the gardens of the Jedi Temple. She saw a disgruntled looking Anakin, whom Obi-Wan did not want told the plan. She could understand how upset he was.

(Y/n) knew the Council had probable cause for not telling her, but it didn't make her trust them any easier. She was on the Council. Shouldn't she be informed of these things like her fellow Jedi?

Sitting up, she saw Obi-Wan asleep on the couch. She didn't want to wake him, nor did she want to talk to him. "I just need some time..." she mumbled. Gathering her cloak she opened the door and walked out of his room, heading for her own.

R3 was there, and instead of being sassy like he usually was, he comforted her mending heart. (Y/n) smiled. R3 was always there for her when she needed it.

It had been about a week, and the elf found herself to be missing Obi-Wan's company. Sure, she was still upset, but it was more at the Council now than him. Getting up, she started towards her door. She walked through the hallways with a purpose, not stopping until she reached the door she needed. Knocking, she waited for a moment, when the newly bearded, still growing at least, Obi-Wan answered.

"(Y/n)." he said, slightly surprised that she was here. He believed her to be mad, and so gave her the space she needed.

"Obi-Wan I need to speak with you." she said softly. Walking inside, she turned to him once the door was closed. "Don't make the mistake of thinking I'm not still upset, because I am. Except... I see that it was the Council's decision, not yours."

Obi-Wan let her speak, nodding his head and stroking his still growing beard with his hand. "I'm sorry, (Y/n). I really did wish for you to know about Hardeen."

The corners of her mouth lifted up slightly, and she felt her heart mending easily. Walking forward, she hugged him tightly. He was a little surprised, but wrapped his arms around her waist and reciprocated, lifting her slightly. Still holding her in the air, they kissed tenderly, and the elf smiled into the kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next few months were full of missions, little alone time, and almost no breaks. (Y/n) was always on some sort of mission, battling the droid armies almost non-stop. The war was getting heated, the Separatist movement becoming more and more rigorous with each attack. Obi-Wan sensed a disturbance in the Force, and when Master Yoda called him in to speak, he knew what he had been dreading was true.

Darth Maul was alive, and out for blood.

As soon as (Y/n) returned from her latest mission, he told her of their old enemy, and that he had seemingly returned from the dead. Or he never died, and was in hiding for ten years. They were called into the control room when they received a message that Maul had left for the two of them.

He stood with his two new, Grievous-like legs, forcing five civilians into a line. He stalked around them, pushing them into place. "There will be more innocent blood on your hands, Kenobi, Galad, unless you both come here! Face me!" He growled. "Come alone, and if you do not..." He trailed off, and swung his lightsaber at the heads of the innocent people, their bodies falling to the ground. "This world... will burn."

Obi-Wan and (Y/n) looked on helpless as this monster terrorized these poor people, who could no nothing to defend themselves. "We have to go." she said. Obi-Wan glanced to her. He didn't want her to go. He couldn't let one more person he cared for get hurt by Darth Maul.