Chapter 6

Shmi let them sleep over for the night at their house. Jar Jar had to share with Qui-Gon, which (Y/n) laughed a bit at, and the Jedi Master gave her a grumbling look. Shmi led her to her own room. It was small, but she loved it. Thanking Shmi one last time, (Y/n) let the door close and sat on the small bed, sighing from the day they had. Lying down, she closed her eyes, and soon drifted off to sleep.

********************

"Obi-Wan!"

"(Y/n)! You can't come, he's too dangerous!"

"You can't go alone! I won't let you! I need you!"

********************

"I love you, Obi-Wan..."

"I love you too... we will get through this. Together."

********************

(Y/n) shot up from her sleep and out of the dreams. She was in a cold sweat and closed her eyes to calm down. Once she did, she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. What were those dreams? Why was Obi-Wan there? Who was too dangerous? These questions swam through her head, until there was a knock on the door to the room she stayed in.

"(Y/n)! Wake up!" Anakin's voice shouted through the door, full of excitement. "The pod race is today!!"

Putting on her shawl, she opened the door to see the smiling face of the boy. She smiled and laughed as Anakin grabbed her hand to pull her towards the kitchen for their breakfast. Anakin went to go find Padmé to wake the girl. He came running back with a tired looking Padmé in suit. The boy ate his food quickly and waited for the others to finish. When breakfast was done, (Y/n) and Padmé helped Shmi to put away the dishes, while Qui-Gon and Jar Jar went with Anakin, R2, and C-3PO.

Later in the day, Qui-Gon went to discuss something with Watto at the arena, Jar Jar following them. The remaining attached the newly painted pod to two Eopies, with Padmé and Anakin on one and Kitster and Shmi on another. (Y/n) rode her own that had supplies needed for the race. Watto approached them and said something to Anakin in Huttese, although (Y/n) guessed it was something to do with Qui-Gon's continuous betting. The boy gave him a glare as he flew away and Qui-Gon approached.

"What'd he mean by that?" Anakin asked.

"I'll tell you later." Qui-Gon said, and went to help Shmi off her Eopie.

(Y/n) slid off her own Eopie and pat it's neck. The elves had always had good relations with animals, no matter what species. She smiled at the creature and went to join Padmé's side.

"This is so wizard, Ani. I'm sure you'll do it this time!" Kitster said.

"Do what?" Padmé asked.

"Finish the race, of course." Kitster replied.

"You've never won a race?" (Y/n) asked the boy.

"Well... not exactly..." Ani answered, barely.

"Not even finished?" Padmé piped in, new stress forming.

"Kitster's right. I will this time!" Anakin said, grabbing onto his best friend, who reciprocated.

"Of course you will" Qui-Gon said as he came up behind Anakin, grabbing his shoulders. Padmé gave the Jedi a look of calm horror as she realized this boy had never won a race, and they were betting everything on him.