the result of chaos

(Y/N), Mines: 06:36

(Y/N), Mines: 06:36

The (H/C) climbs to a higher ledge of the rock wall and looks up at the final portion of the wall she has yet to climb. The sky up above was lightening to blue and she closes her eyes at the snow gently placing itself on her face. She takes a breath and her eyes flutter open, jumping up to a branch popping out, setting her foot on a niche and struggles her way up.

''Ugh. Come on.'' (Y/N) grumbles and grabs the overhang, swinging her leg up and hauling her body onto the solid ground. A screech in the distance makes her scramble to her feet, taking a fast pace through the snow. She shivers at the thought of being alone, heading down to a lake.

Her hands rub her arms and she groans at glistening water below, sitting down at the edge. Pushing herself off, she lands with a splash and shrieks of the cold. While wading to the other end, (Y/N) stops when she hears a loud noise and the water calms around her, the icy liquid coming to her neck. Her breathing was rapid and short and she forces herself to go on, climbing out and shaking herself off.

The young teenager keeps walking, her mind wandering aimlessly to her friends, but more importantly to him. She had to get back for Mike, now more than ever after everything they had been through. (Y/N) stops at a high ledge and she places herself down ready to precariously climb when her footing slips. She falls down, landing hard on her knees and falling flat to her stomach.

With a sigh of hurt and mild annoyance, she pushes herself to her feet. Clutching her side, (Y/N) continues on, passing the shed where they held Josh. She glances in, giving a pitiful look at how long ago that felt - at how long the night had dragged and how everything would change.

For both good and bad.

A Wendigo's scream pierces the night, sounding closer from before and her head snaps around, looking for the source. In a blind panic, she sprints towards the cabin, tripping over her own feet. She ducks under a fallen tree, jumping down a ledge and arrives at the lodge door.

''Hey! Hey!'' She screams, banging her fists against the panes. ''Come on, open up! Guys, are you in there? Come on.'' She cries out, twisting the handle and she fails to hear the footsteps behind her, a hand on her shoulder turning her to come face to face with Mike.

''(Y/N)...'' He breathes, not only looking worse than before, but without Josh.

''Fucking hell, Mike, you scared the shit out of me.'' She hits his shoulder but then instantly pulls him into her. He relaxes and (Y/N) leans back, studying the black around his eye. ''Oh gosh you look terrible-''

''Gonna look worse if we stay out here, come on!'' Mike motions to the locked door and she looks around, grabbing a rock off the ground and smashing it on the glass pane. Reaching her hand through, she ignores some of the shards and allows it to graze her slightly. She unlocks it, opening it up and allowing the pair to get into the lodge.