Chapter 25

HADRIAN'S POV

Halloween was upon us and the plan was carrying out perfectly, the teachers had found the evidence leading back to the student. I couldn't help the satisfaction that I had as I walked toward the Great Hall, Tom was already there so I was walking by myself for today, I heard someone call my name so I turned to see my young grandpa approach me, "Good evening Peverell," I smiled "Happy Samhain Potter," I said with a smile, I watched as he narrowed his eyes, "Samhain is illegal Peverell," he said as he joined to walk with me, "Yes well as a Peverell we never stopped celebrating our ancient traditions," he snorted from beside me as I said this, "Yes, well my parents still celebrate the ancient holidays but I much prefer the muggle ones," I glanced up at him before responding, "Do you even know what the muggle holidays are about?" I asked with amusement, he glanced down at me with his brows furrowed, "Well no... but I do like how they don't involve sacrifices," I laughed lightly at that, "Then why don't you celebrate the traditional holidays without the blood sacrifices? Why not substitute it?" he blinked down at me before letting out a hum, "That's actually a good idea Peverell," I smiled before responding, "Yes well most of the things that come out of my mouth are smart or good ideas," I said, he raised his brows at me, "And the rest?" he asked, I smirked up at him, "The rest is reserved for Tom," I said, amusement clear in my voice, Charlus chocked. I laughed as we finally entered the great Hall. 

I quickly caught sight of Tom and smiled at him, he however did not smile back but instead glared at the boy beside me, "Looks like we'll be parting here," Potter said, I smiled at him as I waved goodbye and made my way over to Tom. I barely sat down when Tom flung his arm over my shoulder. "Why were you speaking with Potter?" he asked, I only shrugged before digging in to the food, "He was keeping me company on my walk is all," I say with nonchalance, Tom growled lightly "I don't trust him. He is a delinquent and is a poor conversationalist," he growled out a sneer clear on his features, I poked him between his brows before responding, "Then I do believe it's a good thing you don't have to speak with him. Now stop furrowing your brow before you get wrinkles," he huffed at my words and turned back to his food. "Peverell aren't you and Potter distantly related? I thought the Peverell's married into the Potter line at some point," Nott asked I looked up at this. I didn't know that the Potter's were distantly related to the Peverell's then again the Weasley bitch wouldn't let me get an inheritance test, I was barley lucky that she let me claim my lordship. I thought for a moment, it was very likely, the families shared similar features in all honesty... I'll ask Death about it later. "That is a good question Nathaniel, I'll have to write to the goblin handling my accounts and ask," I said with a smile, he only nodded before going back to his food. 

Suddenly Ministry officials and aurors came barging into the Great Hall, "Headmaster Dippet we must speak with you,'' the man at the beginning of the group said, I recognized him as the man that came to question me with the Minister that day although I can't seem to remember his name. The hall murmured and gossiped as they watched the Headmaster get up and leave with the man, the rest of the Ministry officials stayed put eyeing the students as the aurors took up positions around the edges of the room, I shared a look with Tom, both of us knew what was happening along with the rest of the knights. The man and headmaster came back into the room then, "Will Rubeus Hagrid please step forth," Dippet said, I watched as a nervous bulky figure stood and made his way towards Dippet, he reminded me of myself when I was called from the Goblet of Fire, he looked terrified and unsure, seeing Hagrid like this pulled at my heartstrings and I had to grip at the table to stop myself from standing and stopping him. I felt a comforting hand land on my thigh, I glanced at Tom to see him looking forward, I released my grip on the table and grabbed his hand instead, probably squeezing the life out of it. 

"Rubeus Hagrid, you are hear by under arrest for the murders of one student Myrtle Warren and eight aurors," everyone in the hall gasped, Hagrid's eyes widened and he began to stutter and tremble, "No- n-n-no... I- I didn't hurt no o-o-one I swear.... Aragog di-didn't hurt no one... ho-honest..." Hagrid spluttered as tears streamed down his face, I gripped Tom's hand harder causing him to take a sharp intake of breath. I watched as aurors pointed their wands at him, Hagrid's eyes widened as he put his hands up to show his surrender, tears continued to stream down his face as he looked around the room for somebody to help him, anybody he made eye contact with would just look away only causing the half giant to sob louder, until his eyes landed on me, I didn't break eye contact and stared into his tear filled eyes, he mouthed the words "Help me," at me and I felt my heart shatter, but I didn't break eye contact until the aurors did their best to drag him away. I felt numb as I looked down at my food, I still had Tom's hand tightly gripped in mine. "Dear... you're going to break my hand if you continue to grip it like this," I heard Tom say, I slowly let go of his hand, instead of putting his hand back on the table or in his lap he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. 

TOM'S POV

I watched as Hadrian conversed with Lestrange and Black, though I could tell that his smile was forced, I sighed. I was supposed to be listening to whatever Malfoy was saying but I couldn't bring myself to. My lover was suffering for some unknown reason and I needed to find a way to make him happy again. "Tom?" I was pulled from my thoughts, "Yes Abraxias?" I asked in return, "I was just wondering what you want us to do? The half giant is more than likely in Azkaban, but a rumors are saying that his little beast got away," I sighed at the information presented, "Leave the creature it would be suspicious if an Acromantula suddenly turned up dead," I said as I picked up my pace to catch up with Hadrian. 

I was laying in bed waiting for Hadrian to come out of the bathroom by reading the shadow book. "Did you know that I am a seventh cousin to the Potter's?" Hadrian asked as he plopped down beside me, I closed my book to give him my full attention, "I did not, and how did you figure this out my little snake?" I asked, I watched him blush at the pet name, "I asked a friend," he stated with a shrug as he got himself comfortable beside me, "Do you mind telling me why the half giants arrest bothered you so much?" I asked, I watched as Hadrian prepared a lie, "The truth if you would please," I said before he could open his mouth, he gulped. "I knew him is all... I just... I thought he was too innocent and too nice to sent to Azkaban," I sighed as I drew Hadrian into my chest, "Did you see his face? It was so sad, none of his supposed friends would even look at him!" he said into my chest, his voice was heavy with sorrow as I gently ran my fingers through his hair. "Is there anything I can do?" he shook his head, but it was already to late I was coming up with a plan already, "How about we get him a trial and have evidence of one of Grindelwald's men performing the murders?" I asked, Hadrian looked up at me then, "Tom that's just too complicated, what's done is done there's no going back now," I sighed as I ran my fingers through his hair again, "Let's at least get him a trial to prove that he is in fact innocent," he sighed before nodding, "Alright but for now let's sleep," he said as he closed his eyes and snuggled against me. 

1464 Words