rockabye •twenty-four

...

Mal stood beside Ben and held onto his arm as the Serena and her family walk in. They were also accompanied by Cinderella and Chad, minus Cinderella's husband who wasn't in the mood for drama. Belle and Adam stood close by and smile.

At the table, already sat Fairy Godmother and Mal's friends. Standing opposite of Mal and Ben were Audrey and her parents, Aurora and Phillip, newly returned after the christening of the new prince of Maldonia.

"Welcome. Thank you for joining us tonight." Mal greets. Ariel didn't answer back, and if she going to, it won't be pleasant. Cinderella stepped in just in time.

"Thank you for having us." Cinderella smiles. She looks to Aurora and held her arms out.

"Welcome back, you two." Cinderella hugs her old friends as well as kisses their cheeks.

"Glad to be back." Phillip response. He looks to Eric and Ariel. "Last time I saw your faces, we were racing horses and I won a large amount of money from you."

"Well don't get too used to it. That win was just luck and I don't intend to lose next time." Eric jokes. He pats Phillip's shoulder, greetings his friend. He looks at Aurora and smiles before motioning to his wife. "Perhaps you can calm my wife, Aurora. She's been in a sour mood lately."

"Eric!" Aurora covers her mouth to hide a smile as her friend scowls at her husband.

"I'll try my best." Aurora says before hooking her arm with Ariel's and guiding her away. "I have pictures of Tiana and Naveen's new son to show you."

Eric and Phillip walk after them while discussing their next race. Athena let's go of her mother's hand and goes to follow behind her grandparents, but she was blocked.

"Hello Athena." The tiny princess looks up to the former queen of Auradon. Quickly, Athena goes to hide behind her uncle Chad. Belle just smiles and walks forward. "I'm glad you could be here."

Belle looks to Serena and smiles. Serena decided to smile back for once. "Thank you for the invitation."

"Oh! My mom didn't plan this. This was all Mal's idea." Ben speaks out smiling to his girlfriend. Audrey scoffed and walks towards Serena.

"I saved you a seat by me. The last thing I want to do is sit by one of those monsters." Audrey whispers the last part and leads Serena away. Athena quickly follows behind, avoiding the people she didn't know. She took the hand of her uncle Chad and had him lead the way.

"Hey Serena." Athena looks to who called her mother's name. It was none other than the beanie wearing friend of her mother. Athena lets go of Chad's hand.

"Hi Jay." Serena greets.

"Uncle Jay!" Athena exclaims and runs to Jay. She allowed Jay to pick her up.

"Hey there, sprout. You remember my friends, right? This is Evie—" Jay motions to Evie who gives a wave to the tiny princess. "and Carlos."

"Where is your doggie?" Athena asks Carlos. Carlos chuckles.

"I couldn't bring him this time, but I promise the next time you come to Auradon Prep, you can take Dude on walks, deal?"

"DEAL! Grandpa said he would get me a puppy of my own, but grandma say that I must show I am "responsible" to take care of a puppy. What does that mean?" Everyone around that heard laughed at the tiny princess's words. Someone who didn't laugh was Chad, who glared at Jay who was staring at Serena. Chad wraps an arm around Serena's shoulder as she spoke with Audrey.

Serena didn't mind the sudden action and continued to talk to Audrey.

"Hello, hello, hello!" At the entrance, a woman with black hair as ebony walked into the room. A large smile was stuck on her red rose lips and her heels clicked on the floor with every step.

"Queen Snow White, thank you for accepting the invitation." Ben exclaims and greets the woman who's dubbed the fairest of them all. Snow White nods.

"Well, thank you for sending one. I don't get out of the house often enough—what with running a kingdom and taking care of my grandbaby. As well as never having time for myself—again, the grandbaby, and my blog! How wonderful you are to invite me—" Snow White exclaims in a breath. She looks to everyone else and smiles. Suddenly she looks down and behind her and scowl. "Now, now, Roland, how do you plan on becoming a future King if all you do is hide behind something?"

Snow White stepped to the side to reveal a little boy. The little boy with golden curls hide behind his grandmother once more.

"This is Roland, my first grandchild. You'd think that with his mother having confidence up the wazoo, that he would at least gain some of it. Guess not. Timid as a mouse this one, but well-behaved." Snow White says to everyone. She pushed her grandchild forward so everyone may see. Snow White walks forward to Ariel and smiles bright.

"I thought little Athena could have a friend for the evening and Roland could break out of his shyness." Snow White says with a wink. Ariel smiles at her friend before looking over to her granddaughter.

"Come here, starfish." Jay put Athena down and the princess ran over. Once she stood in front of the two grandmothers, Snow White covers her mouth.

"Oh my dearest, how lovely you are growing up to be." Snow White says to Athena. She kneels down to the children's height and places her hands on Roland's shoulders. "This is Roland. He's a bit shy, but I'm sure you can get through to him. Say hi to the Princess Athena, sweetheart."

"Hello, Princess Athena." Little Roland mutters shyly. Athena smiles and waves.

"Hi. Let's play a game." Athena grabs Roland by the hand and runs off with him. Everyone watched the interaction of the two three-year-olds. Perhaps the night might end well.

perhaps...

ENJOY!!!!!!!