one

📍Kamino, Outer Rishi Maze  830

Fara strolled through the halls outside of the medical wing, her coffee hair, bounced by her red cadet suit. She turned her head toward a cadet who just passed her, he had his hands in a fist and was stomping across the bridge. Fara turned back and slammed into someone. 

"Ey! Watch where y-," 

The man was holding his orange striped helmet in his hand, Fara looked up at his face to see brown orbs starring at her face and hair. Noticing his pretentious gear she stood straighter.

"What are you doing here kid?" 

"I'm walking to the mess hall, sir," she stated firmly.

He nodded at her as he fixed his armor, "Just be more careful next time, "

She nodded and strutted away toward the mess hall, thinking about the interaction. Fara got her lunch of gobi beans and a loaved bread and sat in her normal spot. She watched as a barrack of cadets sat together, laughing and punching each other playfully. Soon a tap fell onto her shoulder, she looked to the side to see a light blue, tall Nala Se.

"CT-5582, please come with me," she said not giving her time to do anything with her tray. She pulled her sleeves down and followed the Kaminoan out of the mess hall, looking back at the boys still laughing and throwing things at each other.

"Nala Se where are we going?" Fara asked.

"To meet your new squad," she answered plainly and elegantly.

She stood next to Nala as she opened the door to the barracks. Rotten food and burned wires filled her nose. Three cadets, who looked her age were lounging in the open space of the barracks.

 Fara studied the strange cadet's faces as their shapes were different from the rest of the cadets. One had a larger face with a buzzcut, another with glasses and a smaller build. "Cadets, meet your newest member, CT-5582." Nala Se nudged Fara forward as she shuffled to the base of the barrack.

"Hello," she greeted.

The bigger cadet gasped whispering the one with wavy hair, who in response offered his hand forward.

"I'm Hunter, this is Wrecker," the cadet stated.

Wrecker looked flustered when she looked at him, she smiled at his red cheeks.

"And that's Tech," Hunter pointed to a cadet sitting at the table with glasses.

"Crosshair is training right now but you'll meet him later,"

Nala Se nodded at Hunter and smiled at Fara before leaving the cadets.

"I'm Fara,"

"Cool," Wrecker mumbled in awe.

"Your bunk is the last on to your right," Hunter pointed to the other side of the room. She wandered over and saw the neat gray sheets. Compared to the other bunks, hers was clean and uncluttered.

The opening of the door made her concentration break, looking out from her bunk she saw a cadet walk in with white hair and a stern look. He walked over to the bunk next to hers and when he looked up suddenly saw her.

"Who are you?" he said sounding disgusted.

"I'm Fara, you must be Crosshair,"

"Yeah that's me," He put his gear down and pulled out a toothpick, sitting next to Hunter.

A bell rang, chiming nine times.

"Time for some much-needed sleep,"

Hunter hit the lights and everyone climbed into their bunks. Soon the sound of snores and heavy rain dripping hugged the air. Fara turned to study the window, watching the rain pelt against it. 

"c̵̻̔̿̄͋̊̒̏͛̎̊o̵̢̙̖̯̝̦̫̲͖̤̘̔̇́̽͌̀̏̾͛͂̿̕͜m̸̠͔̥̥̝͔̟̾͆̉̕ṁ̴̛̘̭̮̃̓̌͊̓̔́́̋̉͐ā̷͔̗͙n̶̢̛̬͖͔͕̤̉̓̇́̀̏̊͜͝d̴̻̳̪̗̳̖̰̼̮̦́̍̈́̐̊͊͜͠ͅe̵̞͚̺̞̹̣̰̰͎̺̱͎͖͖̒̓́͐̽̓̿̈́̂͜r̴͓͖̘̝̖͕̞̙̣̟̥̯̽̉̃̿" 

A cold shiver ran through her body, the voices were back. 

"Go. away," she commanded as her eyes shut. 

She tried to sleep, she really did. The sounds in the back of her mind kept her on edge, waiting for words or a thought she didn't want. Fara sat up and decided to sit on the windowsill. She felt the rain pressing against her hand, the waves surged beneath her. 

She flinched at the loud snore and looked at Wrecker, who had his mouth wide open, snuggling with a stuffed animal. Wrecker seemed nice enough, maybe a little awkward. Hunter also looked friendly, Crosshair and Tech were the confusing ones. 

A bell rang, hour 14. 

The cadets started to stir, Fara quietly headed to her bed and waiting for the sergeant to come in. The doors opened an older clone with a fading hairline and casual armor stepped into the barracks. 

"Attention!" He yelled.

They formed a line in front of him, hip to hip. 

"Time for some training, single line, 10-60" 

They traveled to the training decks, lining up again in front of him as he walked back and forth. In front of them was a giant arena, flat and blank. 

"Now the arena is going to be set in target practice style, each of you will be given a blaster and be challenged to shoot down your squad at a standstill. "

"The rest of you are trying to avoid fire, CT-0041, you are up first," The sergeant pointed at an elevated platform.  

Hunter grabbed a rifle from the racks and jumped onto the platform, while the rest of the squad put on their armor. The landscape changed from flat to levels and barricades. Then the countdown began...

"3,"

"2,"

"1,"

Fara ran behind a barricade and peaked at Hunter. His platform had raised then bullets breezed by her face.

"All right then," she sighed.

Crosshair was running between columns as they moved up and down, Tech was climbing a tower to a powered rifle. Fara felt her barricade move down, she tripped and crawled toward a wall.

"Kriff!" She cursed.

She heard Wrecker grunt as she saw the bullet dent in his chest.

Tech learned the hard way that the powered rifle didn't work and was tagged easily. 

Fara climbed the wall and dodged a blast by jumping onto a platform. 

"Does he ever give up?!" she shouted. 

She heaved herself up and ran down to a barricade, which she clung to as it rose. Suddenly a loud shot and a shooting pain in her hand made her fall from the rising wall. Fara felt her breath get caught and struggled to get back up.

A woman with ice skin and tattoos appeared briefly before she saw Wrecker crouch and hold out a big hand. She grabbed it and shook her head, funneling out the funny feeling. 

"You all right?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm fine," she said bitterly as they walked back over to the cadets, she shot Hunter a warning look.

"Nice job Hunter," the Sergeant complemented.

"Fara is it?" she got knots in her stomach.

"Yes, Sir!" she replied.

"Get up there," he said stepping back.

She grabbed the rifle and hopped onto the lowered platform, adjusting the scope and the barrel. Cracking her fingers, she waited for the countdown. 

----

Chapter one was revised and completed! Let me know what you think or your predictions! :)