Never Make A Promise 28

En başından başla

"Hayley, we brought this up before and I said it was a pretty good idea. I know you don't want to put Seth in any danger, but it's really...it's the best chance we have on not getting caught by them again."

"They probably know Seth's car too, though."

"They didn't mention anything about knowing Seth before, did they?"

"Not that I remember," I said, thinking back. I honestly couldn't remember Jake or Larry saying anything about Seth. They said something about Joyce, maybe even Chris and Jordan....I don't remember Seth being mentioned.

"Okay, so they shouldn't be watching him."

"Well, you're the gang expert," I sighed. "So we're walking back there."

"After we grab the essentials," he said, opening the trunk. He reached in and took out his bag. "Oh and by the way little Miss Runaway." He dug out my cell phone from his pocket. "Next time you take a little adventure on your own, please take this with you."

"Thank you," I said, taking my phone from him and resisting the urge to roll my eyes. I've realized now that I have rolled my eyes more than ever after I met Damon than I did before I knew him. See how he changed me with that? And I think he was even helping me get over my whole phobia of promises. He made a promise to me and did his best to keep it, more than I can say for my dad or uncle, and I made a promise to him and I kept it. Maybe they weren't so bad.....

"Okay, so what are some essentials?" he asked, looking through all our bags. Then he came across something the little perv teased me about after he found it. He held it up with a couple fingers and waved it around. "A thong? I didn't even know you wore these."

"Uh, excuse me, but it never came up in conversations we had if you recall that I have spent most of the time we've known each other not being able to stand you and we just recently got together. In the short DAY that we have been together, we haven't really talked about what kind of underwear we wear. And besides, I don't wear them all the time, those are one of the two pairs I have and Joyce's friend, Brenda, got one for me and Joyce got that for me."

"Well, well, well," he teased. "Where is the other one? Are you wearing it right now?"

"That's none of your business, you perv," I said.

"Aw, these ones have a little red bow on the front. And these are pretty lacy and black," he said, stretching it like it was a rubber band that he was about to snap me with.

"I swear if you don't put that back in the bag-"

"Wait, I wanna find the other one," he said.

"You're not going to find it!"

"Why? You ARE wearing it aren't you?"

"No, I didn't pack it!"

"But you packed this?"

"I didn't know what I was going to need! Just get out of my bag, I'll look through it," I said, reaching for the underwear that he had. I wasn't lying when I said that I didn't wear either all that often. I personally thought that thongs were just plain uncomfortable butt floss underwear.

"You're wearing the other one! Just admit it!" he said, holding them out of reach. I kept reaching up as high as he was going until I was on my toes and still couldn't reach them.

"Damon!" I whined.

"Admit it!"

"There's nothing to admit!"

"Really?" he smirked, reaching around waist to my lower back. "So I'm not going to find anything?"

"Damon, I swear to god if you do it," I threatened.