DON'T LEAVE ME..

Requested by: @Sternrither
Warning: mention of death, stitching, blood & gore

"Stay still", you muttered as you gently set your hand on his abdomen. He hissed at the pain. 

"OWW-! It hurts, [Name]", Sanford whined.

You gave him a gentle smile. The needle you're holding, poked in his flesh. 
"You can hold on me while I fix you up, babe", you said softly.

Hearing that made him feel calmer now. His hand tugged on your sleeve as he turned his attention to you. Your face looked cute to him. Whenever you're focused, you would stick your tongue out.

It didn't take you a long time to fix him up. The wound you were tending wasn't exactly that big and you were once a medical expert.

Key word: were.

As you wrapped the bandage around his body, you noticed he's staring at you. You raised a brow and chuckled. "Why are you staring at me?", you asked him.

"I just like watching you work", he grinned.

You smooched his cheek, turning his face red. You chuckled at his reaction.
"Very cute, babe".

Once you're done with your work, you close the first-aid kit and put it in your backpack. You hummed while you mind your own business. When you felt a pair of arms around your waist, you leaned over and smiled. You looked up to your partner as you pat his shoulder.

"Just so you know, I would sacrifice my life for you", Sanford muttered and kissed your forehead.
"Love ya, sweetheart".

You smiled. "I love you too, babe".

-

.

.

.

.

"Sweetheart..?"

He knelt down beside you and gently picked you up. He let your head rest on his exposed chest instead of the cold ground. 

Your breathing hitched as your hand clenched over to the wound. The pain was unbearable, your face shows it all. Your skin gets paler as your blood and guts spilled out rapidly.

Sanford hugged your dying frame. He's so close to break down right in front of you.

The moment you held onto him and smiled at him, tears rolled down on his cheeks. He took your hand off from his cheek and intertwine with yours.

 "Don't leave me, [Name].."

You let out a pained chuckle as you squeezed his hand. 

"Don't worry.. I'm not going anywhere..", you hummed.
Slowly you shut your eyes. He felt your hand went limp and your warmth leaving him.
He let out a shaky breath as he pulled your hand up to his lips and left a soft kiss.

He couldn't believe it. You're gone, just like that.

He wished he had come over to your aid faster.