Hatching

It had been a week and a half since Clint found out about the babies and Peter was pleasantly surprised that nothing had greatly changed between them.

Sure, Clint treated him like more of an adult now, but that was a happily welcomed surprise, in his opinion.

The others had seemed to catch on to how Clint was acting and, apart from his dads, they had all started treating him like an adult, as well.

It was nice to be viewed like that, for one, Bruce let him help with more interesting projects. They had worked on a gamma equation just a few days ago and Bruce had allowed him to stay while he tested it- that never happened before. Thor had taken to calling him either by his actual name or by 'Man of Stark'. No more, 'Stark Son' or 'Son of Rodgers'.

Bucky hadn't acted any differently, he had always treated him like a grown up and that hadn't changed. His eyes were still happy when they spoke and Peter felt relieved that he could rely on the man for some median of normalcy.

Natasha had been the last to change. And that change was so minuscule that it was probably not noticeable to anyone else. She often spoke to him in Russian, when the others were around. Sure, Clint knew a bit, but it really did feel like their own little secret language. She had been short-tempered and snappish with Clint, meaning that obviously he'd refused to tell her why he was treating Peter differently. She had taken a few days, but she had began calling him Peter, when they spoke. No more 'little one', as she always used to say.

It was sort of refreshing, if he were being honest. He felt like they were finally beginning to see him as someone who could make valid contributions to things, someone who they could take seriously and value his opinion. That's all he'd ever wanted from them.

He looked at the pod of web, sitting in his lap, and smiled. He could see through the webbing. It was a perk of being a spider, that he knew where to look and had enhanced eyes that could find gaps in the fibres. He could see that the eggs had just over doubled in size, making him think back to a booklet he'd read on child development, the previous week. He could see what they meant about how the baby or babies would suddenly get much larger in the last month.

His oldest was at 39 and a half weeks, while his youngest was at 36 and a half weeks. It had surprised both him and Wade, when he had Jarvis scan them for an update on their growth, only to discover that their baby girl had overtaken her little brother.

The sizes of the eggs reflected this and, while he was confident in her development being on par with her oldest two brothers', he was now worried about the size of his youngest son.

Their oldest baby boy was at 39 and a half weeks, the second oldest was at 39 weeks, as well as their little girl, but their youngest boy was only just at 36 and a half weeks. It worried him and he was beginning to realise that their youngest may be born a bit prematurely.