"The dummies and bottles are going in the changing table's top drawers, we'll have the monitor on top of the changing table and the other on the side table in our bedroom. The carriers are going in the wardrobe." He pulled each thing from the bag as he spoke, Wade nodding along.

"What I need you to do is to construct the cots, so that I can hang the mobiles and make the beds up, I want to be 100% sure that it'll be prepared for when they hatch." Wade nodded and stood up, moving towards the boxes and setting to work.

Peter watched as he pulled out the instructions and scanned them briefly before swing them over his shoulder, like he wasn't going to use them at all.

"Wade." There was a warning tone to his voice, making said male looked over at him, seeing his expression and immediately grabbing for the instructions, whistling loudly while he pretended that he hadn't just done that.

Peter shook his head and stood from the floor, putting the previous items away and then leaving the room to put the baby bassinets in the bathroom. He hung the towels on metal pegs, having far too many that went unused on the wall and could faintly hear Wade's vastly off-tune humming from the nursery, having left both doors open on his way through.

He smiled, in spite of himself.

When he looked at his reflection, he could envision there being Wade stood beside him, 4 children climbing all over them while they all laughed and had fun. It was idealist and, he realised with joy, very truly attainable.

He knew there would be good and bad times, but he really felt that as long as they didn't lose sight of each other, they would be fine.

He pushed the bassinets under the sink, they were completely visible but, out of the way, no one would really notice at a fleeting glance.

He headed back into the nursery, expecting Wade to be halfway done with one of the cots, only to find one completely finished and the other on its side while Wade tightened a few screws in the legs. The bottom area was done and Peter watched as he righted it and slotted both together, dusting his hands in accomplishment and looking at them proudly.

"What d'you think, babyboy?" He asked when he noticed Peter standing behind him.

Peter took a few steps forwards and poked the cot, testing its strength.

He looked over at Wade in dubious belief. "Did you follow the instructions?"

Wade nodded proudly and showed him the last page of the booklet.

"All 22 steps." He declared in a serious voice.

Peter had to smile at his behaviour and nodded in acceptance at his answer, pulling the bottom part out and tryingly reaching down, as if he were going to pick up a baby.

He nodded to himself when it was easy to reach, having worried about leaning over the rail and bruising his stomach, but that was not the case.

Wade watched him closer, an impatient look beginning to take over his face. He was practically vibrating, while he waited for Peter to give it the metaphorical seal of approval.

Peter turned to him and stared blankly, drawing out the moment as he found amusement in Wade's nervous-excited unrest.

"So..." Wade prompted and Peter smiled at him in reassurance.