❧seventeen

Sabo POV

I look at the newspaper, I stop, I felt like I needed to read it. I hear someone say something about Hikari, I walk slowly to the newspaper, and open it slowly.

AKAGAMI D. HIKARI DIES

It felt like my blood ran cold, I start to sweat, and slam my hands on the table. I see wet spots appear on the paper.

-Flashback #1

"Hard to say what's gonna happen latter on, but I think it's best that we decide future things in the future. Maybe we'll end up on five different ships." Ace says as he walks up, and sets the sake bottle down.

"Did you steal Dadan's sake?" Lily asks, Ace just grins, and opens it with a popping sound. "Did you know? When men drink together, they become brothers, or in Lily and Hikari's case, sisters." He says while pouring a generous amount of the drink into each cup.

"Brothers? Sister? Really?" Luffy asks, a wide grin on his face, his grin spreads to me and the others. "I already think of you guys as my siblings, cause other than the bandits, your the only family I have." Hikari says.

That's sad, "We might not be pirates on the same ship, but we'll be united by our bond of siblinghood. So this way, no matter what we do or where we are, no one will ever break that bond!" He exclaims with a grin, and picks up a cup.

We copy him, each taking our own glasses, I could see the flicker of happiness in Lily's eyes. "From now on, we're siblings!" Ace proclaims, and holds his glass up, we clink our glasses together.

We affirm Ace's words, and the sun shines down on our cups, the drink in them seemed to sparkle as we tilted our heads back. "YEAAAHHH!!!!" We all seem to scream, and it echoes through the forest.

-Flashback end

-Flashback #2

I look up, red eyes were staring back at me, I tilt my head to the side. "Who are you?" I ask, "I'm Hikari, and I'm 11. What about you?" She answers, "I'm Sabo, and I'm 9." I answer. She grins, I smile.

-Flashback end

I stumble backward, before slamming my hands my hands on the table a second time, loud sobs escape my throat. I remembered who she was, I remembered who Hikari was!! That was what broke it, it threw me off my limit.

I threw the newspaper up, and screamed out loud, I started falling backwards. "Sabo!" "Sabo-kun!!" 

'Now I remember! The one who died wasn't some unknown pirate... she wasn't just some threat in the Pirate Era that needed to be eliminated! Hikari is my... sister!!'

[A/N: Sabo makes his reappearance in this book!\(≧▽≦)/]