"What made you decide to come?" He asks, in a low husky whisper.

I shrug. "My sister," I whisper back. "I always feel like I'm denying things with her and I felt like I should be a better sister."

He nods understanding. "Keegan basically dragged me here." A deep chuckle comes from him. "Bailey mentioned you would be here so I was even more intrigued." I can almost see the smirk grow on his face as he says that.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah after you disappeared for two weeks," I scoff. I was meaning to be joking around but Roman's face goes grim.

His tight expression is also connected to his next words. "Brooke," he breaths out. "I just want you to know it had nothing to do with you."

My brows knit together, confused. I decide not to ask what that means because I have a feeling he doesn't even have an answer for me. My eyes flutter shut and Roman's fingers go back to tracing soft lines on my forehead, cheek, and neck.

I think if I wasn't tired I would be paying more attention. But the touch lulls me into sleep and before I realize it, the world goes blank.

TTTTTTTT

I awoke by the sun drifting in from the window above the bed. The warmth of the room makes me wonder how it got so warm so fast. My eyes slowly open and I realize I'm laying on my side facing the edge of the bed. An arm is draped over my stomach and a warm body is behind me.

Not knowing what to do, I stay still for a few moments. If I move, I'll have an awkward wake up with him. If he wakes up, it will still be awkward. I guess there's no way around it. I try to slowly remove myself from him and he's so deep asleep I actually slip right out.

I turn to look back at him and a small smile grows on my face at the sight. His face is peaceful and the lines on his face I see during the day are smooth and relaxed. His hair is messy but still looks suitable. The tattoos peaking out of his shirt make me curious on what they all look like. I decide to stop looking after a while because I'm not sure he would like me staring at him.

I walk to the bathroom and brush my hair out so it's not crazy and walk into the kitchen. I'm a pretty early riser so I know no one is in the kitchen. Before we left yesterday, Bailey and I went shopping and I made sure not to just buy crap we don't need. I thought of the necessities, milk, juice, cereal, eggs, bread. Things like that, that aren't beer and chicken breasts. I was not about to live off that for three days. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And yes, according to Keegan that was the original plan apparently.

I decided to go for cereal this morning and leaned against the counter to eat it. The kitchen connects to the front room and it has a perfect view of the lake. There's a dock that connects to the house and it makes for a beautiful morning view.

I hear footsteps in the hallway and am surprised. Roman walks around the corner, a hand going through his hair and he yawns. "Why the hell are you up so early?" He comments. His deep morning voice laced with exhaustion still.

I giggle at his appearance. However, his sweatpants have fallen a bit and his shirt has ridden up so I can see a bit of the V line on his lower stomach. I fight to keep my eyes just on his face.

"I'm an early riser." I say. "I wake up everyday like this."

He groans. "Everyday? That is some crazy shit." He says.

I snort.

He waves his hand. "Come back to bed," he says. "No one can survive on three hours of sleep, no matter how much they say they can."

"I'm-"

"No," he says. He walks over to me and takes the cereal bowl out of my hands, placing it in the sink behind me. "Come on."

I am actually tired, but I'm not going to tell him that. He grabs my hand and places me in front of him, moving us back into the room.

He stops when we reach the front of the bed. Right as I turn back to see why we stopped, he moves the hair off my shoulder. I shiver as I feel his lips on the exposed part of my shoulder. His lips make a trail from my shoulder to behind my ear, grazing the skin with a feather-like touch. I suck in a breath of air.

He kisses the spot behind my ear. "You can sleep now right?" He whispers. He pulls away from me and I turn around to face him. "We are going to the lake today aren't we?" He asks the question so casually, seeming sincerely interested.

I almost laugh but then realize just how tired I actually was. I yawn and he smiles. I mockingly stick my tongue out at him and return to the bed.

I get warm again and Roman gets back in the bed too. He doesn't get close to me, however, and makes me wonder. I shut my eyes to try and fall asleep again but not even a second later the door burst open.

"Rise and Shine sleepyheads!" James yells.

Roman groans. "Dude what the fuck," he grunts out. "It's 7 am."

James nods. "We gotta get the good spot on the lake," James emphasizes. "Duh,"

I see Roman roll his eyes and it makes me laugh. James leaves and Roman turns to me. "So much for convincing you to sleep."

I roll my eyes. "That wasn't the only reason wasn't it?"

He shrugs. "I'm not sure, we will have to find out another time." He hops off the bed and out the door, leaving me to glare at his retreating back.